New wheels compared to 20" bling'd wheels ... I like the Sport 17's better :) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > New wheels compared to 20" bling'd wheels ... I like the Sport 17's better :)

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-25-2008, 08:56 PM   #1
rob_rector
2007 MK Compass 

New wheels compared to 20" bling'd wheels ... I like the Sport 17's better :)

Just signed up as a supporter and wanted to see if the pics worked too

and the 20" bling's out shaky wheels that couldn't be balanced
Which I liked, but I think the more sporty rugged look of the wheels/tires above works better on the vehicle.

Now we just need some more rain in Northern California so I can find some mud

'07 Compass Limited 4X4: K&N Air charger, Borla cat back exhaust, Rocky Road Lift kit, Firestone Destination A/T 245/65/17's, Red painted brake calipers, Pioneer AVIC Z2, Sirius, iPod interface, Polk Audio 6X9s (all 4 doors), Polk Audio Tweeters (dash), Polk Audio 6.5s (rear hatch), 2 Kicker CVR 10" Sub woofers in custom enclosure (hidden), Eclipse XA4000 4 channel & XA1000 1 channel amplifiers.

Peep my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3031696
rob_rector is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2008, 09:11 PM   #2
Coasty161
2008 JK Wrangler 

still lookin good! enjoy the shake free drive!
Coasty161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2008, 01:27 PM   #3
jbjeepguy
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_rector View Post
..Now we just need some more rain in Northern California so I can find some mud
Come over my way - any mountain bike ride I do usually has several areas that are muck. If your really want to sample the goo- there is a road that leads to single track on which horses are ridden when it is wet- they just churn it into pancake batter- Oh and it becomes really interesting since the worst spot in on a down hill turn. One ride on this trail and you will not be able to tell the color of your bike.

07 Compass, FDI, CVT
jbjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2008, 05:00 PM   #4
Jeepster55

i like, i like....looks like they came off a Patriot.
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2008, 05:20 PM   #5
rob_rector
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepster55 View Post
i like, i like....looks like they came off a Patriot.
Why yes they did ... works for me. I am just a little disappointed with the Sales Managers comments and attitude. I told him I wanted the wheels that I paid for, and he was like "You didn't really pay for them, I sold you that vehicle below cost and I lost $2800 on the deal". I just smiled and said "All I want is what I was promised and wheels on my vehicle that don't shake when I drive down the road. I am not asking for anything above and beyond that." It still bothers me the way he was, and I might still talk to someone higher up about it, but I am letting myself settle down first. And I am completely happy with these wheels over the 18" chrome clad wheels anyways.
'07 Compass Limited 4X4: K&N Air charger, Borla cat back exhaust, Rocky Road Lift kit, Firestone Destination A/T 245/65/17's, Red painted brake calipers, Pioneer AVIC Z2, Sirius, iPod interface, Polk Audio 6X9s (all 4 doors), Polk Audio Tweeters (dash), Polk Audio 6.5s (rear hatch), 2 Kicker CVR 10" Sub woofers in custom enclosure (hidden), Eclipse XA4000 4 channel & XA1000 1 channel amplifiers.

Unread 03-26-2008, 05:28 PM   #6
Jeepster55

yea. those are great wheels. the only difference in the Patriots and Compass' 17" alloys are that the Pats are 'polished' on the raised edges and the Compass' are completely painted.

i HAVE decided that i'm keeping MY 17" alloys and will be going with a larger tire on them. i think they not only look good on my Compass but they weigh so much less than anything else i've found. and the best part.....I ALREADY OWN THEM! (well, me and CFC )
Unread 03-26-2008, 05:32 PM   #7
rob_rector
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
yea. those are great wheels. the only difference in the Patriots and Compass' 17" alloys are that the Pats are 'polished' on the raised edges and the Compass' are completely painted.

i HAVE decided that i'm keeping MY 17" alloys and will be going with a larger tire on them. i think they not only look good on my Compass but they weigh so much less than anything else i've found. and the best part.....I ALREADY OWN THEM! (well, me and CFC )
I never noticed that about the raised edges ... That is why I think they looked better than I remembered when I saw them on a Compass.

I agree ... I want some bigger tires too. Since the long horrible winter here in the Central Valley of California is almost over (It might rain one more time this year if we are lucky) I'll probably drive these until they wear out. Or I might use my Gubbmnt $$$ from George W and stimulate the economy and buy me some new tires

Unread 03-26-2008, 06:08 PM   #8
Laloggia
2010 JK Wrangler 

You will like the Goodyears....i have them as an option on my Compass. I use them in the winter and they cut through the snow like butter. I also have 14,000 miles on them with no signs of wear. Thats a great sign.
2007 Honda Civic Coupe
Laloggia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2008, 07:57 PM   #9
Jeepster55

if you haven't had anything to compare them to, then yes, "they're great".

BUT i notice that my Compass pushes really bad on wet pavement. i checked the ratings on the 'tirerack' site and they appear to suck compared to others.

while they ARE much better than the 'street' Firestones, i'm passing on the Goodyear SR-A's and choosing something much better......maybe the Firestone Destination A/T's.

but that's just MY opinion......
Unread 03-26-2008, 08:06 PM   #10
Jeepster55

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_rector View Post
Or I might use my Gubbmnt $$$ from George W and stimulate the economy and buy me some new tires
yea, there ya go......use that $600 for some 235/65R17 Destination A/T's and help out old George W and our economy....PLEASE?

P.S. i still like the red calipers....HOT!!!
Unread 03-26-2008, 09:10 PM   #11
rob_rector
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
yea, there ya go......use that $600 for some 235/65R17 Destination A/T's and help out old George W and our economy....PLEASE?

P.S. i still like the red calipers....HOT!!!
Thanks!!! I'm glad I painted them

Definitely gonna get some new tires on that thing. Also thinking of the Yokohama GeoLander A/T-S 235/65/17 - I couldn't find the Firestone Destination A/T's in that size.

Unread 03-27-2008, 03:13 PM   #12
Laloggia
2010 JK Wrangler 

When your ready to sell the Goodyears, let me know....i will buy them if the price is right. Thanks.

-Mike
2007 Honda Civic Coupe
Laloggia is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.