New Struts/ Control Arm - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > New Struts/ Control Arm

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 02-09-2010, 08:52 AM   #1
wesleyd
2009 MK Compass 

New Struts/ Control Arm

Took my 09 into the dealer due to some clunking in the front end and some noise from the rear. The struts mounts and busings in the front have to be replaced along with the rear control arm and bushings. Anyone have the same issue, its all warranty work but just checking to see if this is a random event or not. Only 12000km on it as well.

wesleyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2010, 01:52 PM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Usually it's the front control arms because of the ball joints and bushings in them and not strut bushings.

I have heard of the rear Control Arm bushing "walking" out of place. Not too common but something to watch for on the MK's and Calibers. These are replaced with adjustable unit in the RRO lift kits and I haven't had a problem with them.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.