New Sill Guard/Stepshield Option - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > New Sill Guard/Stepshield Option

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 06-04-2013, 06:40 PM   #1
NHPATRIOT
2014 KL Cherokee 

New Sill Guard/Stepshield Option

I have been looking for sill guards for my Patriot since I 1st got it. Unfortunately, common accessories people put on vehicles like sill guards are just not offered. Man, I have never seen anything like it to be honest. I can see not having some of this stuff available, like handheld performance tuners, but sill guards? Very common item that some aftermarket mfg should be offering.

Anyway, I really was not interested in the expensive stainless MOPAR ones or the cheaper E-Bay knock off's. I picked up a set of universal trim to fit ones from AVS but where they had to be trimmed so they fit right went right through areas that would show and look awful so I took them back.

So I started scouring the internet looking for other universal options. Didn't like what I saw until I found this stuff. Read some reviews and decided I would give it a shot.

It is a heavy duty pvc that comes in a roll that you cut to length and then apply to the sill. I was dubious about durability but figured for $20 it was worth a shot as it can be removed. It actually feels like hard plastic once installed. Looks like it as well. Comes in clear and black. Mfg is Xpel.

Thought I would post the info for anyone who may be interested. If you prefer black plastic sill guards to stainless/polished ones, or don't want to spend a fortune on the MOPAR ones, this is another option for you. I can't vouch for long term durability yet as I just installed it today but it feels like it will be pretty tough and the reviews are all very good. I got mine at Summit Racing but it is available at Amazon and on E-Bay plus the mfg sells it direct too.

Hope it helps you out.

MFG: Xpel
Part # R3030( Black ) R3022( Clear )
Cost: Approx $20 US
Website: http://www.xpel.com/diy_paint_protec...orsill_guards/

Active Drive I
NHPATRIOT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.