New Pics of headunit Installed and different angle of calipers :) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > New Pics of headunit Installed and different angle of calipers :)

LOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, YuRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!

Unread 03-09-2008, 08:38 PM   #1
rob_rector
2007 MK Compass 

New Pics of headunit Installed and different angle of calipers :)

Here is the Pioneer AVIC Z2 installed

And a different angle with the calipers painted red.

When I find my wallet, which is somewhere in my cycling bag, I think I need to upgrade my account so I can display images

'07 Compass Limited 4X4: K&N Air charger, Borla cat back exhaust, Rocky Road Lift kit, Firestone Destination A/T 245/65/17's, Red painted brake calipers, Pioneer AVIC Z2, Sirius, iPod interface, Polk Audio 6X9s (all 4 doors), Polk Audio Tweeters (dash), Polk Audio 6.5s (rear hatch), 2 Kicker CVR 10" Sub woofers in custom enclosure (hidden), Eclipse XA4000 4 channel & XA1000 1 channel amplifiers.

Peep my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3031696
rob_rector is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2008, 08:51 PM   #2
Coasty161
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_rector View Post
Here is the Pioneer AVIC Z2 installed

And a different angle with the calipers painted red.

When I find my wallet, which is somewhere in my cycling bag, I think I need to upgrade my account so I can display images

HU looks almost factory. looks sweet.
Coasty161 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2008, 12:30 PM   #3
Knightfallzx2
2008 MK Compass 

Nice setup. I agree, it looks factory. Love the 20" rims too.
Read my Blog on Jeepspace
Knightfallzx2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2008, 08:43 PM   #4
Laloggia
2010 JK Wrangler 

Looks great!!!! Where did you get the double DIN black plastic surround that the radio goes into?

Thanks
2007 Honda Civic Coupe
Laloggia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2008, 08:50 PM   #5
rob_rector
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laloggia View Post
Looks great!!!! Where did you get the double DIN black plastic surround that the radio goes into?

Thanks
It is a Metra dash kit. I got it from Circuit City and was only about $20
'07 Compass Limited 4X4: K&N Air charger, Borla cat back exhaust, Rocky Road Lift kit, Firestone Destination A/T 245/65/17's, Red painted brake calipers, Pioneer AVIC Z2, Sirius, iPod interface, Polk Audio 6X9s (all 4 doors), Polk Audio Tweeters (dash), Polk Audio 6.5s (rear hatch), 2 Kicker CVR 10" Sub woofers in custom enclosure (hidden), Eclipse XA4000 4 channel & XA1000 1 channel amplifiers.

Unread 03-11-2008, 09:58 AM   #6
g00tch
2008 MK Patriot 

Does the Compass and the Patriot use the same wiring harness for aftermarked head units? I just got a patriot and the dash looks pretty much the same (other than a few minor details). I want to put my alpine head unit in there since the stock radio is pretty crummy. I check crutchfield but no luck on the wiring harness.

Looks good!
g00tch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2008, 10:27 AM   #7
rob_rector
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00tch View Post
Does the Compass and the Patriot use the same wiring harness for aftermarked head units? I just got a patriot and the dash looks pretty much the same (other than a few minor details). I want to put my alpine head unit in there since the stock radio is pretty crummy. I check crutchfield but no luck on the wiring harness.

Looks good!
Thanks! I am not 100% sure on the wiring harness. I had it installed at Circuit City and I know they had the harness there. Good luck .... I just wish I could find a happy home for my 6 disc with mp3 player headunit ... not gonna keep it, maybe try the classifieds or the bay.

Unread 03-11-2008, 11:44 AM   #8
g00tch
2008 MK Patriot 

Thanks for the info Rob. I'll check Circuit City and see. I agree with the mp3 player. It's nice not having to switch cd's and being able to put 10 albums on one.
g00tch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2008, 08:52 PM   #9
Laloggia
2010 JK Wrangler 

Circuit City and/or Metra do not have a double DIN install kit for the Compass. Im assuming they used a universal Metra double DIN kit for your install. Sorry to bother you, but could you find out which Metra part # they used? I have the antenna adapter, the bezel from Mopar, and the wire harness. The next step is the Metra kit. Thanks.
2007 Honda Civic Coupe
Unread 03-14-2008, 09:35 PM   #10
rob_rector
2007 MK Compass 

I'll be over there tomorrow and ask them what they used. You can call them too at (916) 772-9570 and ask for either Jesse or Steve in Install. They will know exactly what you are looking for.

Unread 03-25-2008, 04:36 PM   #11
Laloggia
2010 JK Wrangler 

I was able to get my 6.5' DVD player installed. Take a look.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/k...a/104_2329.jpg
2007 Honda Civic Coupe
Unread 03-25-2008, 10:08 PM   #12
Coasty161
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laloggia View Post
I was able to get my 6.5' DVD player installed. Take a look.

lookin good
Coasty161 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.