New Patriot owner - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > New Patriot owner

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-02-2013, 05:21 AM   #1
patriotcaptain

New Patriot owner

Very happy so far, just got it this Sunday. Looking to put a black horse bull bar on it though. Any other suggestions for bull bars? Thanks!

patriotcaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 10:24 AM   #2
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

What's a bull bar?
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 10:32 AM   #3
patriotcaptain

It's the bar that comes just under the front bumper but doesn't cover the grill it's nice
Unread 01-02-2013, 10:35 PM   #4
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Rocky road outfitters is looking to build one that can fit a winch behind it... All the other ones I've seen block your fog lights on the 2011 and up models.
aroundincircles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #5
Grhome
2001 TJ Wrangler 

looks like Black Horse makes one...or a few. Available in black or stainless. They look pretty sharp. google it. lots of stuff...looks like most of it for just over $200. And congratulations on the new Patriot!
Grhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 03:49 PM   #6
patriotcaptain

Thanks grhome!! I just looked it up it looks sick in black. Pay days coming up which means ill be ordering one. Thanks again, I love my patriot man.
Unread 01-06-2013, 07:32 PM   #7
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

Dont do it!!! The pictures that they have of the Patriot with the bull bar are photoshopped. I'm a member on a different forum where others have bought this bull bar. It does cover the fog lights, and i dont believe there is a bar available that doesn't cover them. Do some searches and you'll see what i mean.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
LKWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 10:09 PM   #8
patriotcaptain

Aw man that blows! Lucky i didn't buy it. I really want a bull bar but not if it's gonna cover up the fog lights. Thanks for the heads up.
Unread 01-07-2013, 01:09 PM   #9
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

Yeah just wanted to make sure you didn't get it and be disappointed because the picture is misleading.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Unread 01-07-2013, 01:14 PM   #10
patriotcaptain

I was set on ordering it this Friday so I'm glad you replied to my thread. I'm looking for a lift kit now or something. Make it look a bit more rugged, ya know? Thanks again man.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 01-07-2013, 03:08 PM   #11
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

Well there are two different options for lifts.. The RRO lift or getting Stu Coils. The RRO lifts 2" and the Stus only 1". I'm definitely looking into getting the RRO myself. I think it makes the Patriot look a lot better. I believe some dealerships even use RRO to lift the Patriot since a Mopar lift doesn't exist.
Unread 01-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #12
patriotcaptain

I checked out the RRO it definitely looks better. I didn't really see much for the Patriot. And it's better if it's easier to install I'd like to do it myself. Thanks a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.