JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Compass & Patriot Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/)
-   -   new patriot owner (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/new-patriot-owner-1457197/)

lanark 01-01-2013 08:23 AM

new patriot owner

just bought daughter a 2011 patriot was just wondering how well everyone likes them ? Also are there anythings that we should be aware of, like up keep or problems to look for? thanks oh by the way son has a tj 2005.

FujativeOCR 01-01-2013 12:22 PM

The suspension parts wear out prematurely. Like 35k. Watch for tie rod ends and lower control arm bushings. Rotate tires on time probly helps.

Cvt is love it or hate it. I'm the latter.

pitrcer3 01-01-2013 03:32 PM

Are they replacing those parts under warranty do you know? I have a 2011 model with 39k on it right now and havent really noticed too many issues just yet but there are some creaks here and there when turning. I would agree with you the CVT is love it or hate it. The gas mileage is nice for sure but I know I'll never buy a CVT again I am beginning to tire of it quickly.

FujativeOCR 01-01-2013 07:27 PM

Mine has 15,000. Ive hated the cvt and its gas
Mileage the whole time. 16 mpg city doesnt cut it.

Wmillonig 01-02-2013 04:29 AM

Been very happy with my Compass so far. Does your PAT have DRL's? Biggest safety issue I've seen is that you forget to turn them on at night b/c the headlights are pretty bright in DRL mode. If not, the only other safety concern is the visibility. You can lose pedestrians (or even a car) behind the rather thick A Pillar if you don't clear an intersection well. Make sure your daughter pays careful attention approaching intersections and she should be fine. Since you're not driving it, you probably aren't worried about the CVT performance but IMO it's fine. It's not the most responsive and it doesn't help the noise when mated to the 2.4L, but I actually like it on the highway...with such a small engine, you don't feel constantly downshifting when it hits a hill.

lanark 01-02-2013 08:13 AM

thanks for the responses the car has 30000 miles on it and the dealer supposedly did a 125 piont inspection on it but who knows. I ll have to keep a eye out for the front end. The little I drove it the cvt didnt seem all that bad it was however a little lacken in power for me. Any body hear of problems with them cutting off while driving, did a search and found some article on a possible recall for that. thanks again for the replies!

pitrcer3 01-02-2013 10:43 AM

I have had an issue with my CVT on multiple occasions where I would be driving and the CVT completely cuts out and I have no power, it simply would rev up the tachometer as if it had slipped into a false neutral. I luckily was able to safely pull off the road each time and put it in park and then back into Drive and it was find. It's happened about 3-5 times in the year and a half i've had the vehicle. I have taken to the dealer where I purchased the vehicle and they flashed and updated the TCM and it was good for awhile and happened twice since that point over the summer of 2012.

The time now is 01:32 AM.