New and need major help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > New and need major help

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 04-03-2012, 11:06 PM   #1
mjp121212
2007 MK Compass 

New and need major help

Hey everyone! I'm new and my 2007 Jeep Compass is my first Jeep. I love it dearly. It's a Jeep Limited 4x4. I hadn't had any problems, other than a pcm update. Last oil change they even commented on how clean the oil was and how it looked as if it hadn't even been ran through the engine. A few weeks ago I began to have a pretty bad vibration in the front of the car. Alignment is good, tires are new and great, I figured it had to be maybe a belt in the tire or thrown off balance when I hit a pot hole. 4 nights ago we heard a whiney/wheezy sound. Both issues happen when the car warms up, about 10mins after starting and upon hitting 50-55ish. This sound remained even when the car was in park if the accelerator was depressed. It was time for another oil change anyway so I had the guys there take a listen and they heard it missing and some knocking as well. When they went to work on the oil the oil was low, very low, by about 2qts (It had just been checked a few days before) and there are no leaks at all. The oil was black and there are metal shavings in it as well. I NEVER had a check engine light register, or any light for that matter!

mjp121212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 09:05 AM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Could the whiny/wheezing sound be coming from a the belt or pulley?

Did the put the right amount of oil in it on the previous change?

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 10:00 AM   #3
Busmaster2

I would think from the remark about the oil looking like it hadn't been used I'd that it never had! That there was something keeping it from flowing through the engine, thus explaining the metal filings when the oil did finally flow. In short, I hope you have a warranty on the car as I think you'll be needing a new engine.
Busmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.