New-To-Me 2007 MK Patriot, battery and nomenclature questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > New-To-Me 2007 MK Patriot, battery and nomenclature questions

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!

Unread 04-22-2010, 08:53 PM   #1
diy4x4
2007 MK Patriot 

New-To-Me 2007 MK Patriot, battery and nomenclature questions

Hi guy's and gal's,

Just sold my TJ for a new-to-me 2007 MK Patriot. I needed a new car for family and work, and the Patriot fit the bill perfectly. So far I love this thing. I've got myself the LHD model, which I have no idea means, but she's already been down a few trails here in WA. Just wanted to say, "Hey!" to everyone in my new forum.

Got a quick question too. So today I was cleaning off a bunch of corrosion on the + battery terminal, and I noticed the battery doesn't fit properly. Don't know if the used car dealership put in the wrong size or something. Though, when I looked online at patriot engine bays, looks like the battery is covered with a plastic cover, which I don't have. Wondering if someone can verify the battery setup? Is it an enclosed battery box? How is the battery held in place? Some pics would be awesome, and/or part number of the things I'm missing would be great. Thanks!

diy4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2010, 09:13 PM   #2
cactus_jack
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Welcome to our side of the forum, lol. As for that battery setup, I'll try and take a picture for you.
Unread 04-22-2010, 09:23 PM   #3
diy4x4
2007 MK Patriot 

Thanks! That'd be great.
Unread 04-23-2010, 09:38 AM   #4
miketmx
2008 MK Patriot 

Hi and welcome to the forum. Our Pat has a plastic cover on top of the battery and it plugs into a small rectangular opening in front of the air filter.
miketmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2010, 10:04 AM   #5
diy4x4
2007 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketmx View Post
Hi and welcome to the forum. Our Pat has a plastic cover on top of the battery and it plugs into a small rectangular opening in front of the air filter.
Thanks for the welcome. How is the battery held down? Is there a battery strap? Or, is there something below? I'm missing these parts. I think the car dealer I bought it from put in an odd size battery, and threw away the OE parts. I guess I need the correct battery size, battery hold-down, and plastic cover.
Unread 04-23-2010, 11:05 AM   #6
miketmx
2008 MK Patriot 

Okay, our OEM battery is 8 3/4" X 6 3/4" wide and is supported by a bracket underneath
It says: Daimler Chrysler
Part No 56041380AE
CCA 525 AMPS
RC 100 MIN
Vendor Code 44949F

The plastic cover on top is fastened with 2 90 degree twist plastic blades and lifts up and out towards the front of Jeep. I hope this helps
miketmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2010, 11:08 AM   #7
diy4x4
2007 MK Patriot 

Thanks guy's, appreciate the info. I'm off to the local parts stores to see if I can pick up a replacement battery terminal. Mine was just about corroded away on the + side. Stealership want $50. OMG! I'm afraid to ask them how much for the plastic battery cover. Might just be the excuse I need to throw on a K&N CAI. Same with the odd-sized Les Schwab batter. Might just throw on an Optima Red Top. That way I don't have to deal with corrosion.

After getting this settled I'm going to start tearing into this thing. Does the Patriot forum have a sticky for maintenance and torque specs like the wrangler forum?
Unread 04-24-2010, 01:23 PM   #8
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

No we haven't done a write up like that, just on a few as needed. Most units are/were new and went in under warranty so it never became a hot topic like they did in the TJ's and maybe some others. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj...5/#post4334812

The drain plug is 40 N·m (30 ft. lbs.). and the torque specs for the suspension and brakes are in seperate write ups that you can find in the http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/q...s-more-519045/

Any sugestions on what needs to be covered just let me know and I'll work on putting a list together.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2010, 12:27 PM   #9
diy4x4
2007 MK Patriot 

Thanks for the info and quick links. Great stuff. Out Patriot is well beyond the warranty, so we'll be working on as much as possible. I had a service manual for my TJ, that I picked up on ebay for $5. Sadly, they are not that cheap for the Compass/Patriot. I think they are selling them for around $200.

As I tackle some of this stuff. If there is no write-up, I'll put one together and post it. Thanks again, and see you all around the forum.
Unread 04-25-2010, 12:31 PM   #10
Burns95
2004 WJ 

Does LHD stand for Left Hand Drive by chance? I see this acronym used to mean left hand drive pretty often.
Burns95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2010, 12:49 PM   #11
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns95 View Post
Does LHD stand for Left Hand Drive by chance? I see this acronym used to mean left hand drive pretty often.
Yes it does. I was going to mention that and spaced out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diy4x4 View Post
Thanks for the info and quick links. Great stuff. Out Patriot is well beyond the warranty, so we'll be working on as much as possible. I had a service manual for my TJ, that I picked up on ebay for $5. Sadly, they are not that cheap for the Compass/Patriot. I think they are selling them for around $200.
As I tackle some of this stuff. If there is no write-up, I'll put one together and post it. Thanks again, and see you all around the forum.
You can sometimes find the CD on eBay but the graphics for the wiring diagrams ONLY works with IE6, period. However the service info is rather indispensable. If you need something specific just let me know.

Unread 01-24-2011, 05:55 AM   #12
jorton
2004 WJ 

hey, just purchased an 09 patriot for the wife. saw your missing battery cover and noticed it also acts as a vent that allows air flow around the engine..but i had to wonder to myself, "is this even necessary?" any one care to ring in here? id be more than happy to have an excuse to take it off and let air just do its thing.
jorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2011, 06:11 AM   #13
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

If you do the Cold Air Intake, either aftermarket or DIY, this piece is left off. The cover does direct cold in to the factory air filter. The engine compartment does get pretty darn hot but whether this is a significant amount of cold air I personally don't think so. On the other hand, if it wasn't necessary, why would the factory go to the expense of adding something totally worthless?

Unread 04-13-2011, 02:46 PM   #14
aaronrusz
2008 MK Patriot 

K&N Aircharger 63-1552 uses the stock fresh air duct
aaronrusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2011, 06:22 AM   #15
cobus
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketmx View Post
Okay, our OEM battery is 8 3/4" X 6 3/4" wide and is supported by a bracket underneath
It says: Daimler Chrysler
Part No 56041380AE
CCA 525 AMPS
RC 100 MIN
Vendor Code 44949F

The plastic cover on top is fastened with 2 90 degree twist plastic blades and lifts up and out towards the front of Jeep. I hope this helps
Please supply me with a price.

Last edited by cobus; 09-17-2011 at 06:24 AM.. Reason: I need a prise on a new battery
cobus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery , compass , lhd , patriot

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.