new custom exhaust - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > new custom exhaust

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 07-19-2010, 07:44 AM   #1
slaterracing
2010 MK Patriot 

new custom exhaust

Well I got the exhaust done on the Pat. I posted this on another forum a little while ago so figured i shld post here as well. I think is sounds great. It is not very loud at all. Has a nice little rumble to it when you start up and running wide open but when you are just running down the road you cannot hear it at all. Plus i think it looks so much better than the coffin that was under there. Let me know what you think. I got the muffler and tip from summit for $46 and change then had it installed at a buddies shop for $100 including hangers and 2.25 pipe. At the bottom will be the links to the muffler and tip that i used.

YouTube - Jeep Patriot Custom Exhaust .wmv

Thrush 17655 - Thrush Welded Mufflers - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Summit Racing SUM-690051 - Summit Racing® Stainless Steel Exhaust Tips - Overview - SummitRacing.com

slaterracing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2010, 08:52 AM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

That REALLY sounds sweet!!! Very nice job, thanks for posting!

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2010, 07:01 AM   #3
Jawa78
2008 MK Compass 

if sounding like a ricer is sweet.
Jawa78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2010, 07:12 AM   #4
slaterracing
2010 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawa78 View Post
if sounding like a ricer is sweet.
may need to adjust your speakers because it sounds nothing like a ricer.
Unread 07-20-2010, 08:11 AM   #5
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I didn't hear either a ricer or a fart can. Lower pitch, not tinny, mellow. About the best I've ever heard from a 4 banger other than an Indy car at 8 grand.

I guess I shouldn't wonder why people don't bother to participate over here.

Unread 07-20-2010, 09:00 AM   #6
Jawa78
2008 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
I didn't hear either a ricer or a fart can. Lower pitch, not tinny, mellow. About the best I've ever heard from a 4 banger other than an Indy car at 8 grand.

I guess I shouldn't wonder why people don't bother to participate over here.
It was loud sounded like the engine was constantly running hard and I could here the muffler quite clearly inside the cabin.

It is a 4banger it never going ot have a deep tone to it. it came off loud and irritating. Like 4 banger rice racers.

I appreciate my MK for what it is and know it never going to have the raw power deep sound of my Grand with it V8. While stock muffler is goofy looking which I give the OP points of giving the muffler a better appearance. He essentially taken a quite ride and turn it to into some loud race sounding exhaust. Which sounds irritating when you hear it go down the road. My MK is quite now that I put some michellans on it over the loud sounding Firestones. I just drove it down a stretch of 75 on my way home last night and the only time I heard the jeep was with the radio off ac off and me pushing it to xxx just to see how fast she would get to top speed. I normally do 80/85 based on the flow traffic down here other then getting on to 75 once i lock her in at 80 she is quite as a church mouse. I dont see anything wrong with that. It reminds me of a higher pitch version of when my grands driver side exhaust header got a crack and it sounding like the loud annoying beast. Instead of the soft rumble it always had .

It is a matter of preference. to me it is louder then it really needs to me and I equate loud and annoying with idiots and there ricers . Yes ricers are tinnier sounding and the have there fart cans but i found that video to be equally as annoying.

But I give 2 thumbs up on atheistic of the exhaust system

Last edited by Jawa78; 07-20-2010 at 10:12 AM..
Unread 07-20-2010, 09:13 AM   #7
slaterracing
2010 MK Patriot 

Quote:
It was loud sounded like the engine was constantly running hard and I could here the muffler quite clearly inside the cabin.

It is a 4banger it never going ot have a deep tone to it. it came off loud and irritating. Like 4 banger rice racers.

I appreciate my MK for what it is and know it never going to have the raw power deep sound of my Grand with it V8. While stock muffler is goofy looking which I give the OP points of giving the muffler a better appearance. He essentially taken a quite ride and turn it to into some loud race sounding exhaust. Which sounds irritating when you hear it go down the road. My MK is quite now that I put some michellans on it over the loud sounding Firestones. I just drove it down a stretch of 75 on my way home last night and the only time I heard the jeep was with the radio off ac off and me pushing it to 110 just to see how fast she would get to top speed. I normally do 80/85 based on the flow traffic down here other then getting on to 75 once i lock her in at 80 she is quite as a church mouse. I dont see anything wrong with that. It reminds me of a higher pitch version of when my grands driver side exhaust header got a crack and it sounding like the loud annoying beast. Instead of the soft rumble it always had .

It is a matter of preference. to me it is louder then it really needs to me and I equate loud and annoying with idiots and there ricers . Yes ricers are tinnier sounding and the have there fart cans but i found that video to be equally as annoying.

OK i did forget to put one thing down and that was that i have a K&N cold air intake (well warm air since it is under the hood ) but what you are hearing inside of the cabin is the intake not the muffler. Sorry i should have put that in my orig post. and you are correct it is a 4 banger so it is never going to sound like a V8 (unless it is a WRX because with exhaust on those they sound like a small block chevy) but i do like the way it sounds. It has a much deeper ton than most other 4 cyls i have heard before. As for the look i do like it alot. i went with the tip out the drivers side just to be diff from any other Pat or compass on the road. Thanks for everyone checking it out
Unread 07-20-2010, 09:16 AM   #8
GhostKnife

Quote:

I appreciate my MK for what it is and know it never going to have the raw power deep sound of my Grand with it V8. While stock muffler is goofy looking which I give the OP points of giving the muffler a better appearance. He essentially taken a quite ride and turn it to into some loud race sounding exhaust. Which sounds irritating when you hear it go down the road. My MK is quite now that I put some michellans on it over the loud sounding Firestones. I just drove it down a stretch of 75 on my way home last night and the only time I heard the jeep was with the radio off ac off and me pushing it to 110 just to see how fast she would get to top speed. I normally do 80/85 based on the flow traffic down here other then getting on to 75 once i lock her in at 80 she is quite as a church mouse. I dont see anything wrong with that. It reminds me of a higher pitch version of when my grands driver side exhaust header got a crack and it sounding like the loud annoying beast. Instead of the soft rumble it always had .

Someone should rip on you for doing 110 on the hwy (not safe) lol. To the OP, it sounded great! do what ya want buddy.
GhostKnife is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2010, 09:54 AM   #9
Jawa78
2008 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostKnife View Post
Someone should rip on you for doing 110 on the hwy (not safe) lol. To the OP, it sounded great! do what ya want buddy.
If there is no one around the only person I am going to hurt is my self.

If you did not like XXX, I am sure your not going to approve of XXX on empty stretch of 95 in GA in my 99 limited wj

Last edited by Jawa78; 07-20-2010 at 10:12 AM..
Unread 07-20-2010, 10:01 AM   #10
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Speeding is an illegal activity and against the rules. A word to the wise, people are allowed to edit their posts.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f6/je...-rules-421475/

Unread 07-20-2010, 10:11 AM   #11
Jawa78
2008 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
Speeding is an illegal activity and against the rules. A word to the wise, people are allowed to edit their posts.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f6/je...-rules-421475/
Your just going to have to delete the post and slap my hands ... Where I live barely considered speeding . I dont do it often and actually the first time I ever had her up that high. I done it in each one of my jeeps just to see where she land on flat wide open road. But I am also the guy who wont go above 15mph in my neighborhood as I never know what a kid may or may not do.

you feel speeding is illegal that your choice Endangering the lives of others is and something I refuse to do .

I live in a high speed area so pushing it a little further then I normally would when no one is even in eye sight not what I call illegal
Unread 07-20-2010, 10:17 AM   #12
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

You edited just fine. I'm not out to nail anybody and I appreciate your input.

Unread 07-22-2010, 11:15 AM   #13
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Just something fun. It's kinda "on topic" because it mentions why people relate to different exhaust sounds.

Jay Leno on cars. Sorry about the 30 sec commercial.

and more for browsing. Jay Leno's Garage

Unread 08-02-2010, 11:55 AM   #14
fishgutz
2010 MK Patriot 

Nice. Not rattle can bubble bee noise.
But I think my wife will want to keep ours stock since she will be the primary driver.
fishgutz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
compass , mk , movie , muffler , patriot

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.