New Cooper tires - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > New Cooper tires

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfBlack Friday Sale!!

Unread 07-16-2011, 12:57 PM   #1
Rosco11
2007 MK Patriot 

New Cooper tires

Hello everyone. I'm a new member to the forum. I have a 2007 Patriot Limited FWD. Today I got rid of those HORRIBLE Goodyear Wranglers and had Cooper CS4 T99's installed. What a HUGE difference in the ride. It feels like a completely different vehicle. Smooth and quiet.

Thanks;
Tom

Rosco11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2011, 06:52 PM   #2
Orion6
2011 MK Patriot 

I just put a cheaper Uniroyal Liberator A/T Tire on my wife's Liberty to replace the horrible Wrangler STs. Immediate difference in ride and handling. Tires can make an enormous difference.

2011 Liberty Sport Command Trac II 4WD
Orion6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2011, 10:11 PM   #3
miketmx
2008 MK Patriot 

I have the Cooper CS4 "T" tires in 215/65/17 size and they are quiet and smooth but I put the winter Michelins on when the first snowflake hits the ground.
miketmx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2011, 10:50 PM   #4
ChuckTX
2007 MK Patriot 

I've got a 2007 Patriot Limited also. Did y'all change sizes or did you keep the P215/65/R17? I need a few new tires & was wondering if a slightly larger tire would work or if it would be a problem. These wranglers are pretty noisy for as smooth of tread as they have it seems.

Thanks, Chuck
ChuckTX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2011, 11:44 PM   #5
miketmx
2008 MK Patriot 

215/65/17 is the OEM size of the trail rated model and is optional on other Patriots. The dealer can program the speedometer for this maximum diameter of 28 inches. You can put bigger tires on the Patriot but reach a point where rubbing will occur.
Unread 07-21-2011, 12:58 AM   #6
ChuckTX
2007 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketmx
215/65/17 is the OEM size of the trail rated model and is optional on other Patriots. The dealer can program the speedometer for this maximum diameter of 28 inches. You can put bigger tires on the Patriot but reach a point where rubbing will occur.
Yeah it looked like there wasn't a lot more room with as low as they sit. So you're saying you got a smoother & quieter ride using the truck tire from Cooper? I was thinking about just going slightly larger with like a 225 70 17.
ChuckTX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2011, 06:53 AM   #7
Rosco11
2007 MK Patriot 

Original tire size

The original Wranglers were 215/65R17. While they were ok in the snow, the rest of the time they were awful. Coopers are really nice. Time will tell though once winter in Cleveland hits. May have to buy a spare set of rims and snow tires. The ride with the Coopers is 100% improved over the Wranglers. Extremely smooth and quiet.
Rosco11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2011, 09:23 PM   #8
miketmx
2008 MK Patriot 

The Cooper CS4 "T" is a passenger car Touring tire and not a truck tire. Gramps has a sticky with all kinds of info on tires and what fits and does not fit.
Unread 07-22-2011, 10:15 PM   #9
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/o...ml#post4104384

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.