new compass user full of questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > new compass user full of questions

D.i.y. Ford 8.8 tj,xj,yjSavvy Aluminum BumpersSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 04-14-2007, 10:40 AM   #1
pszemia
2007 MK Compass 

new compass user full of questions

Hello everyone. i am from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

i have the following questions about my compass (limited, reciving it aprox at 20/5/07)

- Is it possible in near future to exchange the manual A/C to automated A/C with a module interchange?

- Here we dont have the boston acoustixc option available, can i buy the componentes in the USA at any retailer and then came here and install it?

- has anyone experienced bi-xenon bulbs in the front light? how they work? what about "flashes" (i dont know the word exactly, i mean when you are driving, and you want the hi beam to turn on just for seconds)

Thanks

Ariel

pszemia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2007, 04:44 PM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pszemia
Hello everyone. i am from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

i have the following questions about my compass (limited, reciving it aprox at 20/5/07)

- Is it possible in near future to exchange the manual A/C to automated A/C with a module interchange?

- Here we dont have the boston acoustixc option available, can i buy the componentes in the USA at any retailer and then came here and install it?

- has anyone experienced bi-xenon bulbs in the front light? how they work? what about "flashes" (i dont know the word exactly, i mean when you are driving, and you want the hi beam to turn on just for seconds)

Thanks

Ariel
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the group.

On the A/C question, manual is all that I am aware of that's available.

I feel sure that the pieces for the Boston Acoustic system are available seperately or in a kit. Maybe our stereo guys out there can tell you some alternatives otherwise I'll find a web link for you and post it on here.

I haven't had a need to try the Xenon bulbs in mine, the headlights are probably the best that I've ever had that are legal. I put some 9000K Xenons in my wifes Grand Cherokee and she said that it was a 100% improvement over her regular bulbs but my Compass headlights are still better.

For flashing your high beams while driving on low beams, just pull towards you on the handle. The high beams flash on as long as you hold it back.

I hope that helps.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2007, 01:19 PM   #3
pszemia
2007 MK Compass 

thanks gramps,

i'll wait for your web link

about the flash, i found the answer myslef with a friend, it happens that when you have xenon bulbs for lo and high beams, it doesn't work propetrly for flashing, because of the delay for fully charge the lamps :P

greetings,

and thanks for the welcome

byee
pszemia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2007, 03:28 PM   #4
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Try this link, open the Jeep/Compass menu (the 2nd one) /2007:

http://www.moparsupercenter.com/

You may be able to email them for a package deal.

Good luck and let us know if that helps.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.