New Compass or Patriot? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > New Compass or Patriot?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

View Poll Results: New Compass or Patriot?
I like the Compass! 4 30.77%
I like the Patriot! 9 69.23%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 02-11-2013, 12:52 PM   #16
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

I could admit the new one is fine. First gen was hideous 😝

FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #17
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I think the compass looks upscale until you get to the back 1/3rd. Its like the designer gave up and just used the old back, and it doesn't match the front...
aroundincircles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #18
h2otoo
2012 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FujativeOCR View Post
So you're a girl then?
Nope, but, like Gramps said, If I wanted to pick up guys I'd go for the Patriot.

And you?

"What do you mean, my Compass does not have a compass?"
h2otoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2013, 03:08 PM   #19
NHPATRIOT
2014 KL Cherokee 

Compass looks too much like a Rav4. Not a fan really.
Active Drive I
NHPATRIOT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2013, 04:36 PM   #20
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundincircles
I think the compass looks upscale until you get to the back 1/3rd. Its like the designer gave up and just used the old back, and it doesn't match the front...
That does about sum it up
Unread 02-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #21
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

If you feel insecure about your masculinity then you certainly get what the guys would approve of.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2013, 06:13 PM   #22
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

New Compass or Patriot?

Or if your not shy about rainbows and butterflies you get the woman car

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
LKWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2013, 06:52 PM   #23
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
If you feel insecure about your masculinity then you certainly get what the guys would approve of.
You'd think? However after I plastered pics of mine all over facebook when it was new, one of my guy friends was like "Awesome, I know like 5 or 6 girls at work that drive one of those!"
Unread 02-11-2013, 06:55 PM   #24
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

wow... this thread sure has gotten personal... Biggest reason I didn't get a compass over patriot is price. I wanted FDII, and to get a FDII compass, they were over optioned and cost at least 3k more than a patriot with the FDII package. I preferred the boxy look of the patriot, but if compass had come up in my search that had FDII and the options I wanted (power windows and locks, and AC) and cost less than a patriot, I would have gotten it and been very happy with it, but would have only ever shown people/taken pictures from the front.
Unread 02-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #25
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FujativeOCR View Post
You'd think? However after I plastered pics of mine all over facebook when it was new, one of my guy friends was like "Awesome, I know like 5 or 6 girls at work that drive one of those!"
Do you know how many girls drive patriots? the CUV of any make is very popular with girls, Big car feel in a small package and cheap. my parents live close to ASU, and if I every drive by campus, just about every patriot is being driven by a girl. I wouldn't base it on which one looks girly or not... because both can/are a bit "soft" its about personal preference.
Compass = more up scale
Patriot = more traditional jeep box.
Unread 02-11-2013, 07:27 PM   #26
Lehman26
2012 MK Compass 

I agree with that front is better than back, patriot is opposite back is better than front
Lehman26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2013, 03:46 AM   #27
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

And the actual ownership proves the polls were wrong about the 'gender' for each model. Why did I buy a Compass? Because the Patriot wasn't on the market in July of '06.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2013, 07:16 AM   #28
Wmillonig
2012 MK Compass 

Front end styling, 18 in wheels with FD 1 works great...go Compass!
Wmillonig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2013, 02:48 PM   #29
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

Wow this turned into a "my d*ck is bigger than your d*ck" kind of thread real fast...the 1st gen Compass was ugly and if people own them that's their decision to have bought it, they like them for their own reasons. The Patriot has always had that traditional Jeep look that XJ owners have been crying for for years now but since it doesnt have solid axles or a V6 they don't like it and continue to b*tch and moan more about how crappy MK's are.

The 07-08 interiors were awful in both MK's but got significantly better in 2010 through today! Interior goodies and space were a major selling point for me and my Patriot...it's what pulled me away from buying a car. Both MK's have the same platform and performance (I don't care what any reviewer says, its the same models, same motors, same drivetrains, etc so the only thing that could be different is their amount of roll or aerodynamics).

The 2nd gen Compass is 100x better than the first but I'd agree that the back looks a little forgotten. I wouldn't hate myself for owning one though cause it looks like the classier of the two MK's. The Patriot looks like the more traditional yet modern cousin of the XJ while the Compass looks like the Grand Cherokee's younger sibling. I wanted a Patriot because it looked more like a traditional Jeep and couldn't afford the MPG's of a Wrangler.

Really, I see no down sides to owning a MK, it's just deciding which model you want and what price you want to pay. if you want it to handle ofroading very well without breaking your bank, go with a loaded FDII Patriot Sport (like me). If you want one that'll do great offroad while still having a classy look then go for the FDII Compass Latitude. If you want a basic begineer CUV that's absolutely basic and wont cost you more than $16kUSD or so out the door then go for the FWD Patriot Sport.

Personally I chose the traditional styling over the GC-esc look of the Compass and I absolutely love my Pat!
Kenny-g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.