New Compass owner - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > New Compass owner

LJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off RoadEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 04-09-2008, 10:53 AM   #1
Elihawk
2008 MK Compass 

New Compass owner

Recent purchased a 2008 Rallye Sport Compass...so far, I really like the way it handles, drives and looks. The Boston Acoustic 9 speaker sound system is OUTSTANDING and this is my first ownership of Sirius radio, which I like alot. Pretty roomie and comfortable, atleast in the front seats. Pretty good pep for a 4 banger (especially with 5 spd manual). While I probably wouldn't have gone out of my way for the Rallye package, it does make the vehicle look sharp and it was the only vehicle in Iowa City that had a Manual transmission, so that is what I got.

Test drove the Caliber, Vibe, CR-V, Rogue and Compass and I liked the bigger size and handling of the Compass and CR-V over the other vehicle. The Jeep dealer in Iowa City offered me a great price, Honda did not...

Okay, I understand that some jeep lovers will not like this vehicle. The number of times, in my life, that I have need to off road is just a couple above 0, so for me, I wanted something that was good "on road".

It does have a couple drawbacks: The wicked blind spots cased by the rear shape; some creative and puzzling use of space in the dash, and I was suprised to see no MP3 jack in the 6 CD changer/Sirius radio. Also, it would be great if the rear/side hatch windows could be cracked open, to improve air flow through the vehicle....

Overall, I am pretty pleased at this point.

Elihawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2008, 12:03 PM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Hi and WELCOME! The view out the back doesn't bother me as much as the right front windshield pillar, but I've adjusted to both. As far as some of the "other" Jeep owners not liking the Compass, oh, well, but it isn't all of them and we appreciate their support.

Enjoy your ride and you stay here.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2008, 05:14 PM   #3
Jeepster55

yep, WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE!!

so glad to see another COMPASS owner. we are few, but we ARE Proud!
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2008, 05:20 PM   #4
rob_rector
2007 MK Compass 

Welcome ... and Enjoy!!! We are few, we are proud, and probably a little crazy every now and then. Let the mods begin -
'07 Compass Limited 4X4: K&N Air charger, Borla cat back exhaust, Rocky Road Lift kit, Firestone Destination A/T 245/65/17's, Red painted brake calipers, Pioneer AVIC Z2, Sirius, iPod interface, Polk Audio 6X9s (all 4 doors), Polk Audio Tweeters (dash), Polk Audio 6.5s (rear hatch), 2 Kicker CVR 10" Sub woofers in custom enclosure (hidden), Eclipse XA4000 4 channel & XA1000 1 channel amplifiers.

Peep my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3031696
rob_rector is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2008, 08:48 PM   #5
Elihawk
2008 MK Compass 

According to the guy who sold me my compass

they have sold more of the Compass in 2008, already, than they did in 2007...so in one Midwest town, they are doing well.
Elihawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.