New Compass Owner - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > New Compass Owner

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 12-05-2006, 09:39 AM   #1
g3cko
2011 JK Wrangler 

New Compass Owner

I thought I'd say hello and introduce myself to the board. I just purchased a 2007 Jeep Compass Limited. I was previously driving a 2000 audi s4, but wanted to keep some of those luxuries while also being able to carry my mountain bike among other things. I am definitely satisfied with my purchase after driving the nitro, grand cherokee, and liberty. I look forward to posting here in the future.

g3cko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2006, 09:45 AM   #2
Kev M
2012 WK 

WELCOME!

How about telling us more about the model you bought? Please...
Kev M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2006, 09:48 AM   #3
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Hey great! We're always glad to see another Compass owner. I wonder how many of us there are "in the group" now?

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2006, 12:36 PM   #4
phil8400

I'm glad you are enjoying your purchase.
Like you, I also wanted to be able to carry my mountain bike around. I'll be putting on a hitch receiver and probably buy the hitch-mount bike carrier from Thule.

What made you decide on the Compass over the models you mentioned?
phil8400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2006, 07:24 AM   #5
g3cko
2011 JK Wrangler 

Alright, a little more about my purchase. Black limited with 18" chrome options, nav, leather, heated seats, sirius, 6cd changer, boston acoustics package. I am a commuter and a weekend warrior now that I've been out of college for almost 3 years and working full time so I needed something that could do both. I had my audi for commuting and pleasure driving and a 91 blazer as a utility beater. The blazer took a nose dive and I got rid of it, and the audi was starting to get quirky on me and it took at least $1k every time I needed something fixed on it. The ride quality of the grand cherokee was too much like my blazer for every day driving and the liberty was nice and small, but the gas mileage was the same as the cherokee. I knew I didn't really need an off road vehicle as my off roading will be done on my mountain bike, so the compass really became more and more what I had wanted.
Unread 12-06-2006, 09:00 AM   #6
Kev M
2012 WK 

Nice write up.

In-dash or on-dash Nav?

Use it much yet?

Any review if/when you do?

Kev
Unread 12-06-2006, 11:19 AM   #7
g3cko
2011 JK Wrangler 

In dash navigation, upon delivery I went to install the dvd and I kept getting a read error on the disc. I took a trip up to the dealer to try a new disc and had the same problem. I'm dropping it off tonight to get fixed tomorrow. I will let you know tomorrow night how it performs.
Unread 12-06-2006, 11:32 AM   #8
Kev M
2012 WK 

Keep us posted!!!! Looking forward to the review!

Kev
Unread 12-07-2006, 09:07 PM   #9
g3cko
2011 JK Wrangler 

Ok, got it back tonight from the dealer. I just used the Nav map and didn't actually use it for the directions at all. I find the roads to be highly accurate and as I'm driving
I'm thinking to myself, "Wow, never knew the name of that road", and things of that nature. I live in a semi rural part of northern NJ and all the roads were there. I am excited for when I have to go someplace I'm not familiar with.
Unread 12-08-2006, 04:38 AM   #10
Kev M
2012 WK 

Once you live with a nav system for a little while, it's funny how you change the way you look at driving.

You can pretty much always get a street name, without slowing down and looking all around you.

You find shortcuts or alternatives you never knew were there, because you see other connecting streets and where they connect. You see routes running parallel to your own etc.

But the key to convenience is how the interface works.

The system on our Mini Cooper has one of the WORST interfaces I've ever seen. A single dial/button which is used to enter addressess or look up info. HORRIBLE.

I've used some touch-screen systems in the past that were MUCH easier, especially Acura's, but I now hear they've moved to voice activation. Now that sounds slick.

I'll be interested to hear what you think once you've started entering addresses, looking up businesses and actually following the screen and/or voice commands.

Kev
Unread 12-08-2006, 07:57 AM   #11
g3cko
2011 JK Wrangler 

It's strange that you mention finding shortcuts and such, I was driving a route that I take every day to work, and I found a nice little shortcut for when traffic backs up due to not having the police direct traffic. I'm going to have to try it next time we get some traffic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.