New Compass member - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Compass & Patriot Forum > New Compass member

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! PANDEMIC-USA 50" Double row LED LIGHT BAR!! These thiIRON CROSS Jeep JK Front and Rear STUBBY BUMPERS IN STOCK

Unread 04-29-2015, 03:13 AM   #1
appocalexx
2014 MK Compass 

New Compass member

I have been reading through this forum for some time now and have found a lot of things that have helped me with working on some of my friends wranglers, patriots, and libertys over the past years so i thought i might as well start an account.

Althought not new to forums i am new to this one and im sure most of the same rules apply i will skim through the forum stickys tonight as i have some time on my hands.

I drive a 00 Ford V10 EX, 01 F150, 93 Bronco and i got the wife a 13' Compass back a few years ago and then traded it in for a nicer one without that crappy CVT and got her a 14' Compass Latitude 4x4. As soon as i test drove it i was satisfied and went for it. I will have owned it for a year in June and have no realy complaints so far for it. The wife is happy so you know how that goes.

I will post some pics soon as i do not have pics at my disposal on this computer (work).

No real plans at this time for the Compass as i am currently working on rebuilding the bronco and EX, soon be selling the f150 and once the bronco is running and in good standing will sell that as well and the EX and Compass will be left.

Only things done to the Compass are towing hitch and over sized AT tires.

Things to do:
-Will most likely order the lift kit from RockyRoadOutfitters soon and will keep ya updated on that. The tires rub at full turn and would like to get rid of that prolem but no hurry.
-Upgrade sounds system no sure what route yet but most likely touch screen double din 10' sub custom box or add 4 x 8' low range speakers to doors along with the stock size upgraded component door speakrs. Probably still add the sub (always use more bass).
-Eventually gets some wheels not sure which ones yet.
-Havnt dont much research on it yet but from what i have done i havnt found a programmer kit like super chips or diablo, but would like for this to happen.
- Not sure on kit for intake as i have read that the stock intake is pretty proficiant design in regards to performance and economy, so will most likely just do a cotten reusable filter next filter change.

This summer Planning on
-tinting all windows with 15% maybe 10% all the way around with font eye brow.
-De badge it and paint or replace chrome with black or matching paint of vehicle. I hate chrome....
-Hopefully order the Retro Fit kit and add HID lights. Alos want to do this to my EX so that might be the first one i do it to so i can know what to expect on time for this vehicle since its an everyday driver for the wife.
- I may look at painting some interior parts to match exterior paint but not sure yet.
- Add interior LED lighting to exsisting lights and add extra to floor boards front, rear, and cargo area.

Im sure i will find other things to do to this, but for the most parts its the wifes car i do drive it quite a bit for all my vehicles are fuel dogs.

Stay tuned for pics, iv got some gnarly ones of a crab pot dropping on the hood this past winter and came close to totalling the Jeep.

Unread 04-29-2015, 10:09 AM   #2
appocalexx
2014 MK Compass 

these are from when we drove through the Yukon to get to Alaska, Jeep was loaded down, had to get new tires once i got there.

these are from when the crab pot fell on the hood about a month ago, insurance said if it had fell on the roof it would have totaled the jeep.

and this one is the most recent from the other day when we went on some trails for a walk

Unread 04-29-2015, 10:14 AM   #3
appocalexx
2014 MK Compass 

IDK what year they started doing the "on the fly 4x4" but it sure does come in handy on snow days, makes it easy for the wife to work the 4x4 (dummy proof)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.