New Audio question ... adding 3'rd pair of speakers in the back??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > New Audio question ... adding 3'rd pair of speakers in the back???

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 03-27-2008, 06:01 PM   #1
rob_rector
2007 MK Compass 

New Audio question ... adding 3'rd pair of speakers in the back???

I am thinking of adding another paif of speakers in the back of the Compass. Why? So when you are sitting in the back you get a more full sound and when you raise the hatch you can hear full range sound. I am thinking of either 6.5" or 5.25" Polks mounted flush in the red area on this pic. Anyone try this yet, or any thoughts?

'07 Compass Limited 4X4: K&N Air charger, Borla cat back exhaust, Rocky Road Lift kit, Firestone Destination A/T 245/65/17's, Red painted brake calipers, Pioneer AVIC Z2, Sirius, iPod interface, Polk Audio 6X9s (all 4 doors), Polk Audio Tweeters (dash), Polk Audio 6.5s (rear hatch), 2 Kicker CVR 10" Sub woofers in custom enclosure (hidden), Eclipse XA4000 4 channel & XA1000 1 channel amplifiers.

Peep my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3031696
rob_rector is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 07:53 PM   #2
Coasty161
2008 JK Wrangler 

my thoughts... its ur ride, if u have the knowledge and the way, i say go for it.
Coasty161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2008, 08:32 AM   #3
jbjeepguy
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_rector View Post
I am thinking of adding another paif of speakers in the back of the Compass. Why? So when you are sitting in the back you get a more full sound and when you raise the hatch you can hear full range sound. I am thinking of either 6.5" or 5.25" Polks mounted flush in the red area on this pic. Anyone try this yet, or any thoughts?
Don't know how your bikes fit, but mine (I ride the largest frame sizes) are always resting on either of the areas you have circled so maybe not the best place for speaker longevity. The other concern is the depth behind the panels- don't know if there is enough for mounting speakers.

The wiring would also be fun to do- you have to decide where to tap into the speaker lines and do it correctly so that the speaker impedance is not decreased or increased too much or you may have issues with the radio driving the speakers.

07 Compass, FDI, CVT
jbjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2008, 08:46 AM   #4
rob_rector
2007 MK Compass 

Plenty of room for the bikes ... not sure about the mounting depth, but I will find out tomorrow. Wiring not an issue, using a 4 channel amp that can handle the impedance ... I'll post pics when/if it is done
'07 Compass Limited 4X4: K&N Air charger, Borla cat back exhaust, Rocky Road Lift kit, Firestone Destination A/T 245/65/17's, Red painted brake calipers, Pioneer AVIC Z2, Sirius, iPod interface, Polk Audio 6X9s (all 4 doors), Polk Audio Tweeters (dash), Polk Audio 6.5s (rear hatch), 2 Kicker CVR 10" Sub woofers in custom enclosure (hidden), Eclipse XA4000 4 channel & XA1000 1 channel amplifiers.

Peep my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3031696
rob_rector is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2008, 09:46 AM   #5
jbjeepguy
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_rector View Post
... I'll post pics when/if it is done
I look forward to seeing the results. Now how about making the rear cubby hole into a chiller for the after ride brews

07 Compass, FDI, CVT
jbjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.