New 2014 Patriot! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > New 2014 Patriot!

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 05-22-2013, 03:20 PM   #1
moored194
1995 XJ Cherokee 

New 2014 Patriot!

I finally broke down and put the 95' Cherokee to rest, and bought a new Patriot. I will miss the old indestructible strait 6, but not the 15 mpg I was getting. Or the rusted floors or that smell I just couldn't find. With the 2.4l and 6 speed auto/man transmission she drives like a dream.

image-1270150939.jpg  
moored194 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2013, 10:35 AM   #2
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Whats the rated mpg with the Auto?
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2013, 12:03 PM   #3
dreinecke
2012 JK Wrangler 

Nice Pat! My son just got his 2014 with the auto. I think it is rated for 28-30? He's gotten 28.5 on his first fill up.
2005 KJ - Daughter

www.rmsresins.com
dreinecke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2013, 12:05 PM   #4
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

That must be nice. I want an auto.
Unread 05-23-2013, 12:23 PM   #5
moored194
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I haven't even burned through a tank yet so we shall see what she ends up at but I think he was pretty close to what it is rated at by Jeep.
moored194 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2013, 07:16 PM   #6
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Yeah... Mine is getting 27 around town. I'm still running on the same tank of gas since I bought it from the dealership last week... I drive it every day. So... This Patriot gets 170 more travel miles over my WK, with a 7 gallon smaller engine. Is this the awesome stuff that these MPG lovers are talking about these days?
Unread 05-23-2013, 07:57 PM   #7
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Makes me wonder why they ever thought the cvt was a good idea in the first place.
Unread 05-23-2013, 08:40 PM   #8
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FujativeOCR View Post
Makes me wonder why they ever thought the cvt was a good idea in the first place.
if I remember correctly they were working with a transmission maker for a transmission for the MK, but it fell through so they put in what worked, which was the cvt in the caliber. I think it was supposed to have a gear box similar to the new cherokee, like a 7 or 8 speed, with a transfer case. but they had to meet budgets and deadlines, so ended up with the cvt...

I feel bad every time you say you don't like yours... I really the the cvt myself, especially when I'm taking it off road.
aroundincircles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.