New 2014 Compass Owner , looking for Roof Crates - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > New 2014 Compass Owner , looking for Roof Crates

Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 03-06-2014, 09:37 AM   #1
procell
2014 MK Compass 

New 2014 Compass Owner , looking for Roof Crates

New to Jeeps , New to Roof Racks.

Looking for someone who's ordered Cross bars and a decent sized cargo rack to match. Looking up custom racks , and it seems that not all racks match up with all cross bars?

any tips / suggestions on what to get? Thanks

procell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2014, 12:41 PM   #2
ASTMedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by procell View Post
New to Jeeps , New to Roof Racks.

Looking for someone who's ordered Cross bars and a decent sized cargo rack to match. Looking up custom racks , and it seems that not all racks match up with all cross bars?

any tips / suggestions on what to get? Thanks
Be warned they tend to eat into MPG. I've got one for our Grand Cherokee and even with the V8 it makes a noticeable difference in my MPG. I'm thinking the basket on my 2.4L will make the whole point of having a 4cly moot.

I have a roof bag my dad gave me that's sitting in my garage. I'm thinking something like that might work better on the smaller jeeps to give better aerodynamics and thus help with the MPG. I've yet to give it a shot but once I get a set of cross bars I'm going to give it a try.

All that aside I have the Rola basket and love it.
ASTMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2014, 08:18 AM   #3
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I have a rage:

it was the largest basket I could find. Had it loaded up for a family camping trip, did not notice a huge MPG drop (at least not considering all the junk and people i had in the car). I have the mopar bars. The set up works good, cost me around $300 total. Bought them both on ebay.
aroundincircles is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2014, 12:42 PM   #4
procell
2014 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundincircles View Post
I have a rage:

it was the largest basket I could find. Had it loaded up for a family camping trip, did not notice a huge MPG drop (at least not considering all the junk and people i had in the car). I have the mopar bars. The set up works good, cost me around $300 total. Bought them both on ebay.
That looks good , but the mopar bars cost 257$ alone?? (from the mopar site) damn!

Checking Ebay now

Thanks
procell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2014, 07:57 PM   #5
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2014-Je...4b0d09&vxp=mtr

142 on stealbay.
aroundincircles is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.