New 2011 Patriot Needs audio upgrade - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > New 2011 Patriot Needs audio upgrade

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 03-27-2011, 10:59 AM   #1
rakrak1
2011 MK Patriot 

New 2011 Patriot Needs audio upgrade

I just bought a new 2011 Patriot but the one I wanted unfortunately only had the basic radio/cd player(130) I want to upgrade to the Media center 430 with nav. Local delaer is a rip off. Does anyone have suggestions where to get one? I also understand that the older units sold on ebay won't fit the 2011 model Pat. Any dealers out there with a good price? Thanks for the help

rakrak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2011, 07:22 PM   #2
srtdodge05
2011 MK Patriot 

I seen a few on ebay, most 2011 models use the same radio. My patriot has the media center 430 with just the 4 speakers. the stock speakers suck.
srtdodge05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2011, 09:20 PM   #3
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

They have replacement "Kickers" for the door speakers. I've heard that they are really good. Some other brands are good too. Maybe check with Crutchfield for sizes and shop around. I'd check eBay and Google/Bing, whatever search engine that you like, for the specific model that you're looking for.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2011, 09:44 AM   #4
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

be very carefull when ordering factory radios. the patriot and compass redesigned their computers this year, so you need a radio specific to your year and model. just tell the parts department that you can get one online and they'll most likely give you a discount to earn your business. look on mopar-accessories.com to get the MSRP of the part before going in. you know if they give you a lower price than that, you're getting a discount. if they give you a higher price first, then give you a "discounted" price that's the same as the MSRP you have, they're giving you what's called "bump list" first, and trying to sell it to you at list. go in informed.

unfortunately you're looking at a very expensive radio, and plan on spending about $2k for everything. you'll need an antenna kit as well as the radio itself. if you don't need the nav, you can save a little money by just getting the 430 radio (RBZ) instead of the nav (RHB).

i will caution you, however, that if you're looking to upgrade sound, this radio won't help you. you need to upgrade the speakers. consider upgrading to the boston system with the subwoofer in the trunk and the 2 articulating speakers. you'll spend less money, and have a more substantial difference in sound. the subwoofer really bumps!
IRSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2011, 07:19 PM   #5
srtdodge05
2011 MK Patriot 

I upgraded all 4 speakers to the Rockford Fosgate Prime R1693. Very nice little upgrade for the money. stock speakers are just plan 15watt ones.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_575R169...=detailed_info
srtdodge05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.