Need help finding future rims for Compass - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Need help finding future rims for Compass

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 10-18-2009, 03:38 PM   #1
fortuneer

2007 MK Compass 

Need help finding future rims for Compass

Howdy from the Sunshine State!

Been trying to save up toward replacing my stock 17" rims on my lifted Compass when I get ready to upgrade my tires. I'm looking to "downsize" to 16" -in order to fit larger tires- with an eye to dark gray or black. Has anyone else tried this and what brand rims did you use? I'll even be open to 16" Liberty rims I've seen (that closely match my current ones) if the bolt patterns match up. Thanks in advance for any help. Keep on Jeepin'!!!

Black '07 Compass Sport 5-speed 4X4 ("Fortuneer"), K&N filter, cat-back exhaust; RR lift, sunroof, trailer tow group, Boston Acoustic audio, sport bars, rear taillight guards, more to come... Finally got it back from the wife so I can let my Neon R/T rest for a rebuild.
fortuneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2009, 01:09 PM   #2
polished_heckle
2007 MK Patriot 

didja read the Optional wheels/tires thread? Gramps has been quite busy with that one.
polished_heckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2009, 04:44 PM   #3
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I think we're trying to find some that others have used so far without going to the steel Patriot wheels. Lots to choose from but I personally don't like the ones that have to use a centering ring.

What price range are you looking at or what's the max that you want to spend?

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2009, 05:07 PM   #4
fortuneer

2007 MK Compass 

I'll check out the threads. I'm looking to spend no more than $200 per rim MAX. Could be another year before I upgrade. Don't like getting rid of tires with only 25000 miles on them unless they're a major pain in the butt. Yes, I only have 25000 miles on two year old tires, lol!

Black '07 Compass Sport 5-speed 4X4 ("Fortuneer"), K&N filter, cat-back exhaust; RR lift, sunroof, trailer tow group, Boston Acoustic audio, sport bars, rear taillight guards, more to come... Finally got it back from the wife so I can let my Neon R/T rest for a rebuild.
Unread 10-19-2009, 05:15 PM   #5
fortuneer

2007 MK Compass 

Gramps, how do I get to the optional tires/wheels thread? I can't seem to find it.

Unread 10-19-2009, 05:41 PM   #6
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

It's only 2 posts down from here. It got bumped. If you loose it again it's in my profile down under "Crawled Threads". There isn't a whole lot of info on rims that have been tried, just the specs. Should I put a link in the Quick Links sticky?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/o...ls-mks-410134/

Unread 10-19-2009, 05:43 PM   #7
fortuneer

2007 MK Compass 

Perhaps after some more info becomes available. Thanks

Unread 10-19-2009, 09:10 PM   #8
polished_heckle
2007 MK Patriot 

post #177 in that thread is a popular option. 16X7, 4"BS won't stick out as much as my 16X8's.
polished_heckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2009, 05:04 PM   #9
fortuneer

2007 MK Compass 

Thanks, polished heckle. Love the look, but would personally go with 16X7" rims for better spacing, like you said. Not sure 'bout the tires though. I've not had much success with that brand.

Unread 10-20-2009, 05:21 PM   #10
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Are you looking for something like Polished has or a 5 spoke? Just curious, I could run into something in my wanderlust.

Unread 10-21-2009, 05:16 PM   #11
fortuneer

2007 MK Compass 

Five spoke could work for me, Gramps. I'd even be willing to paint them if need be.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.