My parents want a 2012 compass. How are they? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > My parents want a 2012 compass. How are they?

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGAlloy USA Still Available

Unread 03-23-2012, 11:06 PM   #16
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedScapula View Post
My thoughts exactly. I like the size and look of the Grand Cherokee, but the massive price difference and difference in fuel efficiency is quite a costly thing to consider! And now that the newer Jeep Compasses look like "baby Grand Cherokees" the only thing to really consider is whether you need and can afford that power.
The way we're looking at it is the GC has everything we're going to want, at the same price as the compass. Plus, the interior is so much nicer in the GC :P

I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Mango Tango 2010 JK Wrangler Rubicon
Silver 2000 TJ Wrangler Sport
---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
MacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2012, 03:01 PM   #17
WingedScapula
2009 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacK View Post
The way we're looking at it is the GC has everything we're going to want, at the same price as the compass. Plus, the interior is so much nicer in the GC :P
A GC at the same price as a Compass? That's either a really good deal on a GC or you're getting ripped off with the Compass!

I guess I can't disagree with the interior, but it's all relative - compared to what I was used to, my 2009 Compass' interior felt so nice! The nice thing about scraping the bottom of the barrel for a while is that when you're finished, everything feels like a total luxury by comparison
WingedScapula is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2012, 12:33 PM   #18
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

No, I mean by the time we load the Compass up with features we want (nav, etc) it's going to cost close to a GC, not as much.. I know for a fact GC will be around a lot longer then a compass.
I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
Unread 04-16-2012, 02:35 PM   #19
Heatherk211

I have the 2012 jeep compass limited, my first jeep. I love it. I love it more everyday I drive it. The gas mileage is decent (I was initially wanting the liberty) it rides nice, and it has enough power for me.
Heatherk211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 09:54 PM   #20
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

Awesome. She's still deciding on it. I'd rather have that then a KIA or something worthless like that.

---
Quote:
Unread 04-17-2012, 07:27 AM   #21
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacK View Post
No, I mean by the time we load the Compass up with features we want (nav, etc) it's going to cost close to a GC, not as much.. I know for a fact GC will be around a lot longer then a compass.
But then you'd have to load the Grand Cherokee up with all those options...
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 08:07 AM   #22
Elihawk
2008 MK Compass 

FYI...just took two gas milegage measurement for my 2008 jeep Compass (5 spd manual)...Spring in Iowa, first measure about ~80% in town driving 23.7 mpg. Second measurement, ~60% highways miles, 26.9 mpg. I have gotten 30 mpg, on 100% highway trips with "modest speeds".
Elihawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 07:06 PM   #23
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

Not Bad. My rubi gets half that, hehe.

---
Quote:
Unread 04-17-2012, 07:09 PM   #24
Anthony92x
2007 WK 

my post wasnt off topic. i was saying from my experience the GC is amazing doubt the new one is any different. i love the new Limited and SRT8
Anthony92x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 08:42 PM   #25
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

Na! Everyone contributed good information in this thread. This part of the forum is weak though.

---
Quote:
Unread 04-18-2012, 06:55 AM   #26
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony92x View Post
my post wasnt off topic. i was saying from my experience the GC is amazing doubt the new one is any different. i love the new Limited and SRT8
This is NOT the GC or SR8 forum. You are in the wrong forum and are therefore 'Off Topic'.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 07:07 AM   #27
Jawa78
2008 MK Compass 

I seen deals on lardeo WK2 that are in the 23k range which is only 1k more then a compass lattitude edition lol

I love my compass but I think the new pricing on them is insane.
Jawa78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.