My Compass has completed another challenge - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > My Compass has completed another challenge

Zone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, DiscBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 10-01-2010, 02:27 PM   #1
w4rh4wk
2011 MK Compass 

My Compass has completed another challenge

The northeast just got punched in the face with a ton of RAIN today. Streets flooded every where. I get to a certain street that i always take to work.... and i see water everywhere. There's also a car parked in the middle all of this street pond. The water looks about 6 inches deep on the parked car. I'm about to turn around because i say to myself "I dont want to be that guy who's stuck in his car and they have to resuce me with a boat" ... then i say "wait a min... i have a jeep damn it... i'm going in!" I floor it! Water flying everywhere... not a single issue...piece of cake! Mother nature 0 w4rh4wk 1

Pioneer AVIC-X910BT Radio + Jensen JCAM1 Rearview Backup Cam, K&N 63-1567 Performance Intake , Magnaflow Exhaust Part #16777 (Yes it will fit on a 4x4 2011 Compass), Mopar Chrome Fuel Door, Cargo Area Security Cover, Husky floor mats, Mopar Front & Rear Molded Splash Guards
w4rh4wk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2010, 09:07 PM   #2
fortuneer

2007 MK Compass 

Six inches? Please... my Compass has already traversed 12 inch deep street water and two feet (yes, that's 24 inches) of muddy Florida swamp water, ha ha ha! Still, keep pushing the envelope and have fun doing it.

Black '07 Compass Sport 5-speed 4X4 ("Fortuneer"), K&N filter, cat-back exhaust; RR lift, sunroof, trailer tow group, Boston Acoustic audio, sport bars, rear taillight guards, more to come... Finally got it back from the wife so I can let my Neon R/T rest for a rebuild.
fortuneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2010, 09:30 PM   #3
w4rh4wk
2011 MK Compass 

hahah so i guess i had nothing to worry about then!
Pioneer AVIC-X910BT Radio + Jensen JCAM1 Rearview Backup Cam, K&N 63-1567 Performance Intake , Magnaflow Exhaust Part #16777 (Yes it will fit on a 4x4 2011 Compass), Mopar Chrome Fuel Door, Cargo Area Security Cover, Husky floor mats, Mopar Front & Rear Molded Splash Guards
w4rh4wk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2010, 07:57 PM   #4
fortuneer

2007 MK Compass 

Unless you want to crawl boulders (unlikely), your only limitation will be your tires. Oh, btw, if you regularly traverse water on any off roading, I HIGHLY recommend you relocate your horn from behind the front bumper cover up to just in front of the battery. Will save time and money . Oh, and double check all your wiring harness connections to prevent moisture from screwing with your sensors Above all, just have fun out there

Black '07 Compass Sport 5-speed 4X4 ("Fortuneer"), K&N filter, cat-back exhaust; RR lift, sunroof, trailer tow group, Boston Acoustic audio, sport bars, rear taillight guards, more to come... Finally got it back from the wife so I can let my Neon R/T rest for a rebuild.
fortuneer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
compass , mk , patriot , water fording

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.