My compass got some mods! :) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > My compass got some mods! :)

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 03-03-2009, 09:50 PM   #1
w4rh4wk
2011 MK Compass 

My compass got some mods! :)

Man, i tell you i got the MOD bug for my compass Sport! So what did i do?
hehehe

Cargo Area Security Cover
http://www.justforjeeps.com/caarseco.html

slush floor mats
http://www.justforjeeps.com/slushfloormats1.html

the K&N aircharger intake kit (I notice alot of places now and days were selling the kit for ~$270. i found it for here for $205)
http://filtersandintakes.com/catalog...3-1552&x=0&y=0

And lastly i installed power locks.... just on the front 2 doors for now ... but let me tell you what a PITA it was! I asked around and places want to charge me $900 to install power remote locks! I saw that the parts were just $100 so i did it myself.
http://www.jcwhitney.com/VALIANT-REM...0480_10101.jcw

oh and i got some help from the following forum on how to install power door locks on a patriot (the doors were exactly the same)

http://www.***********.com/forum/sho...d.php?p=101816 <--- jeepforum.com

man my hands hurt

im just curious did anyone here try to install power locks on their jeeps?

w4rh4wk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2009, 10:32 AM   #2
the mad hatter
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'd love to know any differences the K&N filter make. Milage, power, etc. I've been looking at the regular drop in one for a while.
Unread 03-04-2009, 10:49 AM   #3
burrell9
2008 MK Patriot 

im sorry but i see no reason in spending $225 on the cargo are security cover when you could just paint a piece of plywood whatever color the interior is and call it a day...
burrell9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2009, 10:52 AM   #4
w4rh4wk
2011 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by burrell9 View Post
im sorry but i see no reason in spending $225 on the cargo are security cover when you could just paint a piece of plywood whatever color the interior is and call it a day...
LMAO! Yeah your right $225 is a bit steep. now why didnt i think of using plywood lol
Unread 03-04-2009, 01:01 PM   #5
Zappy
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mad hatter View Post
I'd love to know any differences the K&N filter make. Milage, power, etc. I've been looking at the regular drop in one for a while.

I've been using the drop in K&N for about 10K miles. I changed it out when I did my plugs and I haven't noticed a real appreciable difference in mileage. For me, its more the savings in being able to remove, clean and put the same filter back in instead of having to buy a new one when the change is due.
Zappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2009, 04:51 PM   #6
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4rh4wk View Post
LMAO! Yeah your right $225 is a bit steep. now why didnt i think of using plywood lol
Because plywood doesn't roll up?

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2009, 05:01 PM   #7
burrell9
2008 MK Patriot 

lol... essentially the ply wood is doing the same job as the cargo area security cover.. protecting the valuable things that you may leave in the trunk of your riot... wouldn't tinted windows do the same as the security cover?... you cant put anything on top of that thing because i tried it with the pt cruiser i had and the thing folded like a deck of cards...
burrell9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2009, 05:11 PM   #8
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I have the factory tint and I think its pretty hard to see threw. I've got the cover too but leave it at home most of the time. I only use the cover when I have something valuable back there, which is almost never. A blanket the same color as your interior would probably serve the purpose too and you can roll it up.

EDIT: However, my security cover cost over $20K so that makes the $225 that you paid a good deal!

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2009, 08:35 PM   #9
w4rh4wk
2011 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
EDIT: However, my security cover cost over $20K so that makes the $225 that you paid a good deal!
LMAO! INDEED
Unread 03-08-2009, 04:03 PM   #10
patrick3319
2008 MK Compass 

I have my windows tinted almost as dark as limos.... so you pretty much have to press your face up on the glass to see in the back windows...lol so good luck with that!
patrick3319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2009, 09:34 AM   #11
Knightfallzx2
2008 MK Compass 

Yeah, I'd pay for $20 blanket and lay it over top of things back there than pay the $220. But to each their own!

I got the cover with the Jeep, and although I have stock tint also, I still use the cover here and there to hide anything that even might look valuable.
Read my Blog on Jeepspace
Knightfallzx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2009, 12:41 PM   #12
eze07mayhem
2007 MK Compass 

And lastly i installed power locks.... just on the front 2 doors for now ... but let me tell you what a PITA it was! I asked around and places want to charge me $900 to install power remote locks! I saw that the parts were just $100 so i did it myself.
http://www.jcwhitney.com/VALIANT-REM...0480_10101.jcw

oh and i got some help from the following forum on how to install power door locks on a patriot (the doors were exactly the same)

http://www.***********.com/forum/sho...d.php?p=101816 <--- jeepforum.com

man my hands hurt

im just curious did anyone here try to install power locks on their jeeps?
__________________________________________________ _______________

I would love to put these locks on my jeep.. The manual locks are a pain. That web site you posted that you got help from wont work for me. How big of a PITA was it?? You should make a write up or at least elaborate about it on here.

Cheers Eric
eze07mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2009, 01:13 PM   #13
w4rh4wk
2011 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze07mayhem View Post
I would love to put these locks on my jeep.. The manual locks are a pain. That web site you posted that you got help from wont work for me. How big of a PITA was it?? You should make a write up or at least elaborate about it on here.
Cheers Eric
replace the "**********" with "jeepforum.com"

the biggest learning curve is doing the first door. it literally took me 1 day just to take it apart, figure out where place the door lock actuator drill the holes for it... and what order to put the everything together. the second door took about 4 hours total. And lastly running power for everything was another 2 hours ... lol i thought about doing a write up .... but i think im too lazy. the other website was extremely helpful with taking the doors apart and how to run the cables.
Unread 03-09-2009, 01:55 PM   #14
eze07mayhem
2007 MK Compass 

dang I still cant get it to work.. maybe ill do a search.. you deffinatly should do a write up. or at least take some pictures. Do you just bolt the actualtors in or do you have to weld them? Im wanna know if i could do it. I have the skills just not all the tools.
eze07mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2009, 01:58 PM   #15
w4rh4wk
2011 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze07mayhem View Post
dang I still cant get it to work.. .
do a google search for
jeep patriot install door locks
its the first result for the search

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.