Muffler Discoloration??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Muffler Discoloration???

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 11-01-2014, 07:52 AM   #1
merkurman
2014 MK Compass 

Muffler Discoloration???

I have had this 2014 Compass Limited since July and will be taking it in for its second oil change today... I had been noticing the muffler getting this red coloring area since the 6-7k mile mark...I am not that concerned but is anyone else seeing this on their Compass??? Picture below...BTW I have just under 12k on her and this is a street only vehicle... It has never been off-road...

imag0106.jpg  
merkurman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2014, 03:14 PM   #2
SillySilberman
2012 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by merkurman View Post
I have had this 2014 Compass Limited since July and will be taking it in for its second oil change today... I had been noticing the muffler getting this red coloring area since the 6-7k mile mark...I am not that concerned but is anyone else seeing this on their Compass??? Picture below...BTW I have just under 12k on her and this is a street only vehicle... It has never been off-road...
I do too, so you're not alone. I believe it is quite normal, as we just don't see it on the daily with most cars. The Compass as one of the most visible mufflers I've seen on a car that I have noticed thus far.

If you're still concerned, when you go in for your oil change, just ask about it. Or better yet, call your dealer and just ask!
SillySilberman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2014, 10:19 PM   #3
Tyler-98-W68
2012 MK Compass 

Just grab some high temp paint and repaint it, problem solved for a bit, although it will come back.

If you get sick of looking at the muffler, get rid of it and have one tucked up under the rear bumper

Tyler-98-W68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2014, 05:37 AM   #4
merkurman
2014 MK Compass 

Dealership was amazed...

When I took it in for the oil change the service writer was saying that this is just surface rust but it is not actually rust and the muffler is under warranty so if it rusted through they would replace it...

I stopped him and asked if it was just paint burning off and he went to get a service tech... Tech was like " If you cover it with some BBQ paint it will go away for a while"...

I thanked her and she took my truck in for service...Why can't more people just get to the point and be done with it???

Thanks Tyler I like your ideas... So does my dealership apparently...On the paint that is!!!
merkurman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.