Mud Guards - Splash Guard (Merged) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Mud Guards - Splash Guard (Merged)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 11-11-2006, 02:53 PM   #1
alwayslearnin

Mud Guards - Splash Guard (Merged)

Howdy,

Is anyone using the Mopar Deluxe Molded Splash Guards? If so do you like them? I am thinking they might be a good idea. Any info would be great. Thanks!

Description:

Deluxe Molded Splash Guards provide excellent lower body protection and accent the vehicle styling. Made of a composite of TPO plastic and TPR rubber to be rigid yet forgivable and paintable. They are molded to the contours of the vehicle for a custom fitand feature vehicle logo (depending on vehicle application). Set of two guards for the front or rear.

Part # 82209893 Splash Guards, Deluxe Molded. Black, rear, with Jeep logo $38.00
Part # 82209894 Splash Guards, Deluxe Molded. Black, front $38.00

Pic:
http://www.mopar.com/img/mpi/MA_VEH_82209893___T001.jpg

alwayslearnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2006, 11:13 PM   #2
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

they're splash guards, what info do you want. they keep the rear panel from getting road crap on it, just like any other car. oh but there is one thing you can do to ensure they stay black (if thats the color you want). get some hurculiner roll on bed liner and put a coat on, those splash guards will stay black forever, and they'll be tough as nails. you could probably run over a few curbs and not crack em.
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2006, 11:49 AM   #3
alwayslearnin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dippert
they're splash guards, what info do you want.
Ok that did crack me up. However my post was about a specific set of splash guards. None of my local dealers have them in stock. Therefore I can't check them out. I would like to know if anyone is using them and if they would recommend them. At basically $80 a set I figured it would be worth asking first.
alwayslearnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2006, 12:13 PM   #4
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

going through the dealer is always more $$$. try JC whitney, 4wd.com, quadratec
they have review sections, and will mostly likely be cheaper
if all else fails, try googling "jeep compass slash guards" somebody out there has to have first hand knowledge
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2006, 11:03 PM   #5
pillzny

ebay's gotta Mopar set for about $70 shipped
pillzny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2007, 01:48 PM   #6
steel5blue
2007 MK Compass 

Mud Guards - Splash Guard (Merged)

I,ve noticed more and higher up mud splatters on both sides of my compass than on any car/truck I owned before -including my 97 wrangler.
Has anyone else been bothered by this and tried to fix it by installing mud guards
-mopar or generic?
I have the goodyear wrangler tires on 17" wheels.

Rav-who? CR-what? Arizona-where?
2007 Compass Sport Steel-5speed-Blue 4X4
steel5blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2007, 07:16 AM   #7
unibus
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayslearnin
Howdy,

Is anyone using the Mopar Deluxe Molded Splash Guards? If so do you like them? I am thinking they might be a good idea. Any info would be great. Thanks!

Description:

Deluxe Molded Splash Guards provide excellent lower body protection and accent the vehicle styling. Made of a composite of TPO plastic and TPR rubber to be rigid yet forgivable and paintable. They are molded to the contours of the vehicle for a custom fitand feature vehicle logo (depending on vehicle application). Set of two guards for the front or rear.

Part # 82209893 Splash Guards, Deluxe Molded. Black, rear, with Jeep logo $38.00
Part # 82209894 Splash Guards, Deluxe Molded. Black, front $38.00

Pic:
http://www.mopar.com/img/mpi/MA_VEH_82209893___T001.jpg

Jeep also has a generic set of splash guards that are only $15 a set. Part# 82203703 They are larger than the molded set, and for the price if one gets damaged who cares. My dealer had both so I had the chance to look at them side by side before I chose a set. Personally I didn't like the molded set although they would have been much easier on the install. Aside from the lower panels being protected, one plus I have noticed is that my rear window seems to stay much cleaner.
unibus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2007, 07:24 AM   #8
steel5blue
2007 MK Compass 

thanks, I appreciate the helpful response

Rav-who? CR-what? Arizona-where?
2007 Compass Sport Steel-5speed-Blue 4X4
steel5blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2007, 06:00 AM   #9
i2canoe
2012 JK Wrangler 

Spash Guards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echocat22
Additional Accessories: Splash Guards (front and rear), .
Are your splash guards specific for the Compass? When I use the link in your message it takes me to Jeep Liberty splash guards.

See: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showp...75&postcount=7
i2canoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2007, 05:56 PM   #10
echocat22
2007 MK Compass 

i ordered them from my dealer and had them put on by them, not sure if they can be used just on a compass, the back two say jeep on them and the front two are blank, they are the molded plastic ones, not the "cheaper" ones
echocat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2007, 09:47 PM   #11
soycap
2007 MK Compass 

Don't get the molded ones if you have a Compass Rallye Edition, as they won't fit. I received mine a few weeks ago and we tried to install them this weekend and it wasn't even close.

If anyone wants them for cheap I just posted them in the parts for sale section.
Unread 09-19-2007, 02:59 PM   #12
Laloggia
2010 JK Wrangler 

I have a compass sport and this was one of the first things I bought. Went to my local dealer and told them I could get them online for $33 + shipping. They matched the price and I paid sales tax....plus they had them in stock....front and rear. No waiting. No more wiping the road kill off the rear bumper cover.
Laloggia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2007, 07:11 AM   #13
i2canoe
2012 JK Wrangler 

No More Klingons

I just had the spash guards installed on my Black Compass Limited when I bought my winter tires . . . They really do look great, like they belong, and are essential anywhere you have snow, no more "klingons" we call the frozen ice accumulations that happen without them.

The installer at the tire shop could not understand why they didn't come as equipt with the car. . . If I was a little sharper when I bought the car I would have insisted on them including the spash guards as compensation for the endless wait I endured while Jeep built a car to my order.
i2canoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2008, 07:13 PM   #14
nummy
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Was it necessary to drill into the fender ?

I was told that drilling into metal was not necessary because the mounting holes are already there. I'm not so sure I would be willing to drill into the fenders.

What was your experience with installing them ?

Has anyone else installed them at home?

NOTE - I'm referring to the lower molded mud flaps, not the molded wheel-well splash guards (a.k.a. fender guards) that attach to the fenders.

nummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dippert
they're splash guards, what info do you want. they keep the rear panel from getting road crap on it, just like any other car. oh but there is one thing you can do to ensure they stay black (if thats the color you want). get some hurculiner roll on bed liner and put a coat on, those splash guards will stay black forever, and they'll be tough as nails. you could probably run over a few curbs and not crack em.
nummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2008, 07:49 PM   #15
Coasty161
2008 JK Wrangler 

just bought the molded splash guards from leeparts, will install tonight. directions seemed very straight forward.
Coasty161 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.