Most extreme off roading in a patriot. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Most extreme off roading in a patriot.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 08-30-2012, 03:45 PM   #1
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Most extreme off roading in a patriot.

Out of curiosity, what is the most extreme trail that somebody has done in a jeep patriot. Expeditions out west took a tester on the crown king trail in az. Has any owner been brave enough to do a similar trail? I've seen the pictures on this site, most are beautiful, and I'm beyond jealous! Once I sell my wife's Saab, I'm 99% sure I'm gonna buy one.

aroundincircles is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2012, 07:49 PM   #2
fishgutz
2010 MK Patriot 

Personally, i would never take a Patriot on anything a regular car couldn't handle. For offroad i has Jk 4dr Rubicon lifted, armored, on 37's.
The Patriot is my wife's car. A front drive with cvt and 2.4L.
Patriot doesn't have the power or clearance to do much off road rougher than a dirt road or fire trail.
fishgutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2012, 09:24 PM   #3
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I think the following links will show that the the patriot, while it is not a wangler, has some off road abilities more than just a car. I would not buy a 4x2, I would be buying a trail rated patriot. I'm just wondering where people have gone. as I know they have gone, and what is the toughest trail they've taken it on.

Patriot being badass:
http://www.expeditionswest.com/equip...riot/index.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...c&feature=fvwp

I think the B-Roll is some of my favorite, mostly because I've been on that trail myself many times.
aroundincircles is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2012, 09:48 PM   #4
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

I'll have to dig around on my pc when i get a chance, but my Patriot has definately gone a few places my Grand Am, Cavalier and even my Volvo XC70 couldnt. Mostly it's snow driving but I did off road it one time near Shaver Lake, CA once, and none of my cars could have both for ground clearance and roll over angles.

...I have the 9" off road version though.
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2012, 09:51 PM   #5
bap
1992 YJ Wrangler 

the wife has a 2010 patriot it is only fwd but i took it up an icy road last winter that 4wd trucks could,nt make it up

i wish jeep would have put xj stuff in the patriot i think that would have mad one hell of a jeep!!
bap is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.