Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Most extreme off roading in a patriot.

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  bap 
#1 ·
Out of curiosity, what is the most extreme trail that somebody has done in a jeep patriot. Expeditions out west took a tester on the crown king trail in az. Has any owner been brave enough to do a similar trail? I've seen the pictures on this site, most are beautiful, and I'm beyond jealous! Once I sell my wife's Saab, I'm 99% sure I'm gonna buy one.

#2 ·
Personally, i would never take a Patriot on anything a regular car couldn't handle. For offroad i has Jk 4dr Rubicon lifted, armored, on 37's.
The Patriot is my wife's car. A front drive with cvt and 2.4L.
Patriot doesn't have the power or clearance to do much off road rougher than a dirt road or fire trail.

#3 ·
I think the following links will show that the the patriot, while it is not a wangler, has some off road abilities more than just a car. I would not buy a 4x2, I would be buying a trail rated patriot. I'm just wondering where people have gone. as I know they have gone, and what is the toughest trail they've taken it on.

Patriot being badass:
http://www.expeditionswest.com/equipment/reviews/patriot/index.htm

I think the B-Roll is some of my favorite, mostly because I've been on that trail myself many times.

#4 ·
I'll have to dig around on my pc when i get a chance, but my Patriot has definately gone a few places my Grand Am, Cavalier and even my Volvo XC70 couldnt. Mostly it's snow driving but I did off road it one time near Shaver Lake, CA once, and none of my cars could have both for ground clearance and roll over angles.

...I have the 9" off road version though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.