Mopar iPod Integration Kit 82209617AC - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Mopar iPod Integration Kit 82209617AC

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Packages

Unread 04-21-2008, 05:29 PM   #1
msondo

Mopar iPod Integration Kit 82209617AC

Hello Jeep Forum,

This is my first post. I'm a new Compass owner and I appreciate all of the great info you guys have provided here.

I have a question for anybody who has the optional Mopar iPod Integration Kit # 82209617AC. I have the 6-disc CD player in my Compass with the Boston Acoustics package which does not have an AUX jack. This is a bummer because I tend to use my non-iPod MP3 player for music and have no way of hooking it up to the new car.

The sales guy at the dealership said that the integration kit was only for iPods. Looking at the schematic on the Mopar website, however, shows that the kit has two inputs: an iPod jack and an aux input. Would I be able to use the aux input with a non-iPod music device?

In case you are curious, I don't use an iPod because I get most of my music from a subscription based service (Rhapsody) and Apple doesn't support it. If I were able to use this device as an aux input, however, I'd definitely get it and even consider getting an iPod for non-subscription music files.

Anybody out there have the iPod integration kit?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

msondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2008, 08:23 PM   #2
davep
2007 MK Compass 

The Mopar iPod integration kit does have an Aux input (it's Mopar's way to support the "iPod Shuffle" which doesn't have that standard iPod plug on the bottom). You can't control MP3 devices like you can with an iPod, but for generic Aux-in, it should work. The latest revision is 82209617AD, which you might want to use for ordering it. There are also some aftermarket aux-in devices that operate in the same way as the Mopar one, which are a bit cheaper; but personally I'd rather go with the factory-designed one.

Keep in mind though, the Mopar iPod adapter will blast Sirius radio presets; so you might want to look into one of the aftermarket devices if you have Sirius radio.
davep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2008, 09:22 PM   #3
msondo

Thanks! That helps a ton. I'm going to compare the price of aftermarket units (if they exist).
msondo is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.