Mopar "Flat Molded Splash Guards" or "Deluxe Molded Splash Guards"? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Mopar "Flat Molded Splash Guards" or "Deluxe Molded Splash Guards"?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

View Poll Results: Which do you have?
Flat Molded Splash Guards 1 7.69%
Deluxe Molded Splash Guards 12 92.31%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 04-23-2009, 03:12 AM   #1
Beware
2007 MK Compass 

Mopar "Flat Molded Splash Guards" or "Deluxe Molded Splash Guards"?

Time to mod!

Gonna buy stuff online and ship them back here. Any suggestion what else I need or cool to have? Wanna ship everything at one shot as it cost more to ship than to buy...

Beware is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2009, 12:37 AM   #2
Tony1911
2007 MK Patriot 

Neither. Good way to destroy what little ground clearance you had.
Unread 04-24-2009, 06:33 AM   #3
UTAH

I've got the molded Mopar splash guards and they do a good job in keeping the sides of my Patriot clean in the Winter slush and snow.

Bill
Unread 04-26-2009, 08:31 PM   #4
Ledge
2009 MK Patriot 

I just installed the Deluxe Molded Guards (front and rear) yesterday. They were very easy to install and look real nice. I like they way the flare out a little on the sides. I'm not real concerned with ground clearance myself as I am mostly a highway driver. My main concern is trying to keep the road tar off the sides and the rock chips off my boat hull.

I also purchased the bug shield but had a little trouble with that installation. After I got it all mounted up I found I could not get my hood to latch. I was really pressed for time so I just took it back off and will try to figure out what I did wrong later this week when I have more time.

****Note to self - don't tackle projects when you've promised your wife you will only be a few minutes.....Murphy's law will kick you squarely in the butt every time.
The constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests - Patrick Henry
Ledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2009, 03:17 AM   #5
Beware
2007 MK Compass 

hey Ledge,

The Deluxe Molded Guards are much more expensive than those Flat Molded Guards... What's the differences?

The bug shield looks cool... but will that cover up the licenses plate? i think it's illegal to do that :P
Unread 04-27-2009, 03:00 PM   #6
Ledge
2009 MK Patriot 

I am only guessing because I did not purchase the flat molded mud flaps but from the pictures at justforjeeps.com it looks like the flat molded just hang straight down and Deluxe ones definitely flare out a little. The also are molded to fit the contour of the side of the jeep perfectly.

The bug shield I purchased mounts to the hood.
The constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests - Patrick Henry
Ledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2009, 03:53 PM   #7
polished_heckle
2007 MK Patriot 

splashguards???

polished_heckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2009, 01:57 AM   #8
JLink
2007 MK Patriot 

I purchased the molded ones however I have never installed them! I guess I like the look of a Silver Patriot covered in mud the same Heckler does...
a Scan Gauge II and a Garmin GPSMap 60CSX
[url=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2653175]CarDomain[/url]
JLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2009, 04:48 AM   #9
Beware
2007 MK Compass 

haha, exactly... I've found my reasons why I don't need them...right from this thread...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.