Mopar Cold Air Intake - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Mopar Cold Air Intake

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!

Unread 04-09-2013, 09:59 AM   #1
cuemark8
2007 MK Compass 

Mopar Cold Air Intake

I know there is other threads about this topic. I can't find them they're way in the past!
Has anyone installed and used the MOPAR CAI kit that is made for the Caliber/Compass/Patriot ?
Does it actually fit all three vehicles?
I use the K&N CAI kit on my Jeep Compass. I was curious about the other brands. There is AEM. I heard a rumor once that they actually produced the kit that MOPAR puts their name on.
I do pictures that the MOPAR CAI is a chrome tube and looks better than the K&N kit.
Just want to know what others are using on their Compass/Patriot.
If I can find a great price on a MOPAR kit I may give it a try.

cuemark8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2013, 06:22 PM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Here is a link to the links that I found in a search for Cold Air Intake and CAI.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/searc...rchid=18197852

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2013, 03:56 PM   #3
222Doc
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

metal soaks heat more not less. Metal is cheeper to use than a molded plastic, this is why ,most after market ones use it. Think about it, IF they worked so well and ALL companies are doing what they can to market a car withthe highest MPG. Then it would seem a no brainer to use what ever they could to boost MPG and HP.?why go with VVT, or DFI? Just pop a Cai and bada bing done, cheep. Turbos are the new thing but, they do not save fuel unless you are at no boost. step on it and it drinks fuel like a dry camel drinks water. these small liter ecobosted motors claim MPG that most will never see unless you drive at the speed of smell.

fact is the numbers posted by the makers of these things are BS. They use a false peramiters on a Dyno to give false numbers, to a public that would pay 100$ to tie magnets to thefuel lines and think it gets 20% getter mpg.
Unread 04-12-2013, 08:31 AM   #4
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

IMO CAIs are pointless for the Compass and Patriot.. Where the air intake is placed your only going to suck in hot air anyway. A true CAI would have the air intake by the front grill and actually taking in cooler air.
LKWJEEPER is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2013, 09:27 AM   #5
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotLKW
IMO CAIs are pointless for the Compass and Patriot.. Where the air intake is placed your only going to suck in hot air anyway. A true CAI would have the air intake by the front grill and actually taking in cooler air.
That was my thought. Oh well. If you spent money on it there must be a perceived improvement in performance somewhere.
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.