Moog Control Arm/Ball Joint Assembly - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Moog Control Arm/Ball Joint Assembly

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Jeep Wrangler Framless, Bowless, Trektops 92-95 YJ, 97-06 TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 08-13-2012, 07:08 PM   #1
TeHpWNaG3
2007 MK Patriot 

Moog Control Arm/Ball Joint Assembly

I replaced my LBJ's with the Moog problem solvers, and I posted some tips to a recent thread. Hope that helps everyone wanting to diy.

Well, I have a co-worker experiencing LBJ problems, and he asked me about the project. I told him to have the ball joints pressed for him at a shop, and that's what I posted recently. I also had the opinion that if Moog had the whole assembly that I would probably go that route. And they do.

Moog RK620066 and RK620065. You can find them on Amazon. Iím sure many of you are no strangers.

Question is.. How much better are they than OE? Any long-term reports?

You'd think they would be far superior, being made by Moog, but in everything I've seen they look no different than stock. It does not have the grease-able Problem Solver-type ball joint, which is excellent and highly-desirable IMO. I want to say go ahead with the assembly, but only if they are very good. Otherwise, it's a Problem Solver job hands-down. Just donít want my guy to come back 30k miles later wondering if the Moog assembly had any benefit at all.

Thanks.

TeHpWNaG3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 10:27 PM   #2
jasonwe
2012 MK Compass 

I have no experience with their Jeep units, however, a lot of my friends at my Dodge Forum use them for their Dakotas. I have yet to hear a single complaint.
[I]4.7L V8, 545RFE, Big Horn Edition[/I]
jasonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 09:12 AM   #3
TeHpWNaG3
2007 MK Patriot 

Moog, in general, makes excellent stuff. Their Problem Solver ball joints for MK are no exception. The complete assemblies, however, seem to leave a lot to be desired, but that's only going by visual cues. I'd like to think they are a great buy.
Unread 02-21-2014, 02:33 PM   #4
bhall0921

I just purchased the moog control arms for both sides for my 2010. the moog problem solver ball joint is different than what comes with the moog control arm assembly but i second jasonwe on the dodge comment. my buddy lives in Pa, and installed moog lower ball joints over 100k ago and his truck passed inspection last week. i will update this post when i receive and install the new moog control arms.
bhall0921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2014, 03:21 PM   #5
Redpine
2014 MK Patriot 

On other forums I visit, there is a tendency for people to post that there has been a noticeable decline in MOOG quality in recent years. I don't have personal experience with this, so take it for what it is worth.

Google MOOG quality and you will find numerous threads with comments like : "MOOG quality has suffered lately. "

It's a shame so many companies are moving this way. One can no longer assume that a name brand equates to high quality.
Redpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2014, 09:30 AM   #6
TeHpWNaG3
2007 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redpine View Post
On other forums I visit, there is a tendency for people to post that there has been a noticeable decline in MOOG quality in recent years. I don't have personal experience with this, so take it for what it is worth.

Google MOOG quality and you will find numerous threads with comments like : "MOOG quality has suffered lately. "

It's a shame so many companies are moving this way. One can no longer assume that a name brand equates to high quality.
I have no doubt that this is the case, however, the OEM stuff seems to be even worse, so pick your poison. When I was researching brand options, MOOG seemed to have the reputation and support the other brands didn't. Perhaps it is all window dressing
Unread 09-08-2014, 09:51 AM   #7
boanerges57
2007 MK Compass 

I just replaced my ball joints. You dont need to pay someone to press it for you. I used the loaner press from advance auto parts ($104 deposit - fully refunded on return) Takes no time at all. I dont have an air compressor here so I used a little inertial impact wrench i bought a while back that plugs into the cigarette lighter. worked like a charm.

There are other ball joints on the market with grease nipples and the same warranty as MOOG at $14 a piece roughly. i would have had to wait on the MOOG ones to get shipped to me so i bought the cheapo. So far i am very happy. The design is much better than OE and I had little trouble installing.
boanerges57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.