Mods? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Mods?

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.cFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 06-25-2013, 03:40 PM   #1
jk13crush
2013 JK Wrangler 

Mods?

Are there any common mods done to a compass? I was thinking of doing the sound system but wondered what else everyone does. Its a 2013 2.0 fwd compass. I'm used to the jk and having a ton of mods available

jk13crush is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 12:53 PM   #2
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Stereo
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2013, 08:48 AM   #3
JeepCares

The MK is nowhere near the JK when it comes to the amount of mods available.
Unread 06-28-2013, 09:59 AM   #4
jk13crush
2013 JK Wrangler 

I know the mk doesn't have nearly as many mods available that the jk has but I was wondering what's available
Unread 06-28-2013, 05:06 PM   #5
vinniej

I would say due to the type of normal buyer, true mods are going to be next to none. I have noticed a 2" lift is available, but other than that not many vehicle specific mods.
vinniej is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2013, 05:25 PM   #6
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

But...there's already two 6x9 slots, 2 1/2 slots and maybe 3 1/2 slots in the hatch. Speakers are fun.
Unread 06-28-2013, 05:30 PM   #7
vinniej

Quote:
Originally Posted by FujativeOCR View Post
But...there's already two 6x9 slots, 2 1/2 slots and maybe 3 1/2 slots in the hatch. Speakers are fun.
Wow, that's a lot of speakers! Sounds like you need a support group. ;-) j/k
vinniej is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 01:30 AM   #8
tomhale114

Cold air intake, cat back exhaust system, and lift kit are the 3 major ones IMO. Other than that, it's just things like changing speakers, head unit, wheels, etc. things you could do pretty much any vehicle. Check out rocky road outfitters too!
tomhale114 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 01:37 AM   #9
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Doesnt the air intake already get its air from in front of the car? Where is it going to be colder?
Unread 06-29-2013, 02:39 AM   #10
tomhale114

The cold air intakes are a more direct route and shorter so the air has less travel time meaning it'll be cooler and cooler air is more dense then hot air. and engines love cool, dense air. I have not put one on yet but I plan on it. Everyone I know that has used one says it does increase hp. (However you'll really notice it if you upgrade your exhaust)
tomhale114 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 11:49 PM   #11
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

a CAI won't do much because the computer won't recognize it correctly, and there isn't a way to reprogram the computer.

What do you plan on doing with your compass? off road, street, stock with just some enhancements? While there is not a lot of choice out there, there is choice, but its good to know where you want to end up.
aroundincircles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2013, 12:01 AM   #12
jk13crush
2013 JK Wrangler 

Off road or stock with a few mods. I just wanted to see what is available for the compass. The jk is quickly becoming a trail rig and I wanted to see what simple mods there are for the compass.
Unread 06-30-2013, 06:40 AM   #13
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Biggest mod you can do is a lift, There are two options, RRO's spacer lift, and a coil lift. the RRO keeps your stock ride, where the coil stiffens it up quite a bit. both would give you about 2" of lift. Your other option is getting the suspension off a FDII patriot, it has about an inch lift over a FWD patriot. so if you get those, you could get almost 3" of lift over your current suspension.

Also, Tires tires tires.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/1...sults-1489685/

I love 15" rims on the patriot with a good set of MT tires. with a lift, you could probably get the 225 or 235 wide tires mentioned in the thread.
Unread 06-30-2013, 09:24 AM   #14
jk13crush
2013 JK Wrangler 

What are your thoughts on the spacer lift vs the coil lift? And what should the backspacing be on the wheels 4"? Is the bolt pattern 5x5 or 5x4.5? And 30x9.5x15s won't rub with the 2" lift?
Sorry for all the newbie questions I normally spend my time on the other side of the forum
Unread 06-30-2013, 08:47 PM   #15
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I have the spacer lift. I wanted to a) keep the current ride, b) be able to return it to stock very quickly if I had to, C) spend as little money as possible. The RRO lift accomplished all of this (rocky-road.com)

as far as back spacing, I don't know I have the stock 17" rims with 1.25" spacers. I don't know what that makes the back spacing... bolt pattern is 5x4.5.

as far as the 30x9.5 tires, you will have to test each tire, unfortunately. As they are all not made equal, but yes, you should be able to fit them. You may have to flatten the pinch weld in the rear of your front wheel wells (I had to). and discount fitted 30x9.5x15 with no issues, but they were only one tire.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.