MK's to be updated. - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > MK's to be updated.

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-26-2008, 10:29 AM   #31
unclejjg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rends
These 2008 model updates has nothing todo with the new Chrysler interior update plan.
I'm glad somebody else realizes this. I know if I tried to point it out, I'd look like a hopeful "homer" because I started the thread.

There will be additional changes, above and beyond the '07 to '08 improvements.

They haven't mentioned much other than it will be the mostly the interior that is improved.....however, they have mentioned things like:

-a new Euro-style textures for the interior
-softer elbow rests instead of what the article described as the "granite-like" rests they have now.

I'm sure more it to come.

On a side note, why are some people who already own one of these vehicles having a hard time with accepting this? Not just on this board, but on others as well.

This change could be a good thing, and it doesn't make previous models "junk". Rather it makes them pioneers.

Its goofy. I'm digging up information that should excite those of us who waited because we are still sitting on the fence. Meanwhile, some current owners are trying vainly to disprove the imminent changes, or push them aside as inconsequential.

I'd be pissed too, if I just bought a vehicle that is now being improved, but come on....they are still damn good vehicles.

unclejjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2008, 11:26 AM   #32
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepster55
i was looking at buying an R/T AWD but couldn't locate one without that gawd-awful tu-tone interior.
Hey! My Cali might hear you! Mine has orange seat inserts and an orange center stack. However, the first time I hear of a Compass Limited being parted out then I will jump on the leather and put it in mine. I would have got a Patriot but they didnt have one with 4x4 (or stick shift)
Unread 01-26-2008, 11:37 AM   #33
Coasty161
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
These 2008 model updates has nothing todo with the new Chrysler interior update plan.

then please show where to get the new info!
Coasty161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2008, 11:50 AM   #34
Rends

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07compasssport
http://www.reuters.com/article/reute...BrandChannel=0
"Among the models that will be revamped are the Dodge Caliber, the Jeep Patriot and the Jeep Compass, they said."

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...014/BUSINESS01
"Chrysler this fall is expected to dramatically make over the interiors of the Jeep Compass and Patriot, vehicles that were launched within the past 16 months, people familiar with the plans told the Free Press."

The truckblog article has nothing todo with the upcoming updates.
It only shows the updates from 07 to 08 models.
Rends is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2008, 12:11 PM   #35
unclejjg

Quote:
Did you not see the 2 links in the first post? Also, go to Google, and type in Jeep Patriot under a "news" search. You'll get lambasted with articles...many of which are about the plan to update the MK's.

This link will take you to one of the newer articles.
Unread 01-26-2008, 12:15 PM   #36
Coasty161
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
http://www.reuters.com/article/reute...BrandChannel=0
"Among the models that will be revamped are the Dodge Caliber, the Jeep Patriot and the Jeep Compass, they said."

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...014/BUSINESS01
"Chrysler this fall is expected to dramatically make over the interiors of the Jeep Compass and Patriot, vehicles that were launched within the past 16 months, people familiar with the plans told the Free Press."

The truckblog article has nothing todo with the upcoming updates.
It only shows the updates from 07 to 08 models.
im asking about what the actual upgrades are going to be. the first article doesnt say nor does the second. the truckblog article is the only thing i have seen/read on what is being upgraded. and btw. adding chrome accents to the interior is considered a "interior upgrade".
Unread 01-26-2008, 12:21 PM   #37
unclejjg

Quote:
im asking about what the actual upgrades are going to be. the first article doesnt say nor does the second. the truckblog article is the only thing i have seen/read on what is being upgraded. and btw. adding chrome accents to the interior is considered a "interior upgrade".
For the most part, the Chrysler hasn't given away what they plan. The article directly above your post gives the most info.....new materials, and soft armrests.

The information you posted with truckblog was well known and discussed back in May '07 when I posted this thread (although the link has since been blocked because it is to a competitive site):

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/2008-patriot-compass-426281/
Unread 01-26-2008, 12:26 PM   #38
Coasty161
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclejjg
For the most part, the Chrysler hasn't given away what they plan. The article directly above your post gives the most info.....new materials, and soft armrests.

The information you posted with truckblog was well known and discussed back in May '07 when I posted this thread (although the link has since been blocked because it is to a competitive site):

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=426281

well known?? I guess since i dont live in the "continental US" my info is a lil slower than others.
Unread 01-26-2008, 12:34 PM   #39
unclejjg

Quote:
well known?? I guess since i dont live in the "continental US" my info is a lil slower than others.
Sorry. Perhaps I should have said well known and discussed on this message forum. Also, those updates have been displayed on Jeep.com for a while, and available to anyone ordering an '08 model.

What I mean to say is that although the date on truckblog's article is current, the information is not.
Unread 01-26-2008, 05:10 PM   #40
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

For what it's worth I love mine the way it came from the factory. If the upgrades that are intended, whatever they might be, entice others to buy one I think its great! The more the merrier.

As for KNOWING exactly what the changes will be or look like is speculation to a certain degree. Chrysler has named some of the stuff but we'll just have to wait and see.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2008, 10:40 AM   #41
unclejjg

Update:

Released today:

Quote:
An innovative new system will increase fuel economy 1 m.p.g. in 2009 models of the Chrysler 300 and Dodge Charger equipped with all-wheel drive.
Advertisement

The system was one of several new technologies coming soon that the company revealed at its Auburn Hills technical center Friday.

The number of changes Chrysler has already made to improve its models since last year has now hit 500, said Frank Klegon, executive vice president for product development. Some examples include work to reduce engine noise in the Jeep Patriot and Dodge Caliber, new engine mounts to lessen noise and vibration in the Chrysler Sebring and Dodge Avenger, and the addition of soft-touch materials in some vehicles' interiors.

The new all-wheel drive system improves fuel economy by disconnecting the front axle from the drivetrain until all-wheel drive becomes necessary for safety or control. The EPA economy ratings for all-wheel drive versions of the 300 and Charger will match the ratings for rear-drive models.

The current 300 and Charger and all other all-wheel drive cars lose about 1 m.p.g. in their EPA ratings because the engine is always sending some energy to the front axle, even when it's not needed.
Also, for what it is worth, a poster on "another forum" who has historically proven accurate on his inside info/predictions (he runs the WJ/WK/XK Jeeps.com site) has eluded to the following:

Quote:
2009 Patriot is a go, it will start production on July 28th. Official info will probably not be released until June when dealer order banks open, with September 1 for launch date. I can tell you that features-wise, not a lot that's new other than the new PZEV (Partial Zero Emissions) 2.4L, MyGIG radio, illuminated cupholders and a 115v power outlet.
I figured the MyGig would be part of the new package. Also, I'm curious if the PZEV 2.4L is the same as the direct-injection system discussed here:

Quote:
Chrysler also must improve the compacts' drivetrains. An upcoming direct-injection system for the engines should improve power and fuel economy. Chrysler also should rush to replace the continuously variable transmissions with the dual-clutch gearbox, scheduled to come from its joint venture with Germany's Getrag.
Unread 04-19-2008, 06:09 PM   #42
unclejjg

Update '09: Improvements to Engine

Quote:
Some of the most expensive improvements have been made to Chrysler's new family of 2.0-litre, 2.2-litre and 2.4-litre engines. NVH levels -- noise, vibration and harshness -- were too high in the engines under certain load conditions, Klegon said.

The four-cylinder engines were supposed to be state-of-the-art when they launched under DCX two years ago. Instead, critics complained they buzzed too much under heavy acceleration. Klegon said the engines' performance are getting an overhaul so they sound and feel better.
Here is the article, which also mentions the updates to the interior we have been expecting.
Unread 04-20-2008, 09:11 AM   #43
Jeepster55

"Ironically, some of the worst criticism of Chrysler's current product lineup was aimed at one of Chrysler's most successful new platform launches -- the Dodge Caliber, Jeep Patriot and Jeep Compass. Critics have trashed the quality of its interior plastics. But all three are selling well in both Canada and the U.S."

so just maybe all three of these vehicles will survive 'the cut'?

let's hope so............

P.S. for the record, the Caliber is NOT an "MK". while it's true that it uses much of the same drivetrain as the Compass and Patriot "MK's", built in the same plant and it's overall layout is similiar, it's platform is designated as a "PM".
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2008, 01:02 PM   #44
JLink
2007 MK Patriot 

click... wow I can't believe things are so "obvious".
a Scan Gauge II and a Garmin GPSMap 60CSX
[url=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2653175]CarDomain[/url]
JLink is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.