MK's to be updated. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > MK's to be updated.

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-17-2008, 04:08 AM   #16
JeepinGirlCT
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepster55
"IF" i were Chrysler, i would 'move' the Compass to the Chrysler line. this way Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep would ALL have an MK in their stable. just change out the nameplates and add a Chrysler eggcrate grille, and it would be good to go. the Chrysler MK would be more 'upscale', the Dodge MK (Caliber) would be the 'performance' model and the Jeep MK (Patriot) would be the one to carry on the FDII pkg and off road equipment. make sense?

hummmm, "Chrysler Compass".....kind of has a ring to it!!!

Smart thinking! Maybe you should do some marketing for Chrysler!

JeepinGirlCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2008, 04:53 AM   #17
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

If it were a Chrysler the interior would REALLY need an upgrade!

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2008, 04:54 AM   #18
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

There is one flaw with your plan Jeepster, that being that besides the SRT 4, none of the Calibers are exactly performance machines. My R/T is definitely not.
Unread 01-17-2008, 05:44 PM   #19
JeepinGirlCT
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoriolisSTORM
There is one flaw with your plan Jeepster, that being that besides the SRT 4, none of the Calibers are exactly performance machines. My R/T is definitely not.

Hey-there's that bolt on supercharger out there. That would do a lot!
Unread 01-17-2008, 05:51 PM   #20
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel0129
Hey-there's that bolt on supercharger out there. That would do a lot!
You mean the electric weed blower motor right?
Unread 01-17-2008, 05:59 PM   #21
JeepinGirlCT
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You mean the electric weed blower motor right?
Hey, 90 HP is 90HP, right? Ha ha!
Unread 01-19-2008, 09:07 AM   #22
Jeepster55

Quote:

ok, i'll give you that. i was looking at buying an R/T AWD but couldn't locate one without that gawd-awful tu-tone interior. could have ordered one, but then couldn't make use of the current rebates, so i chose the Compass instead. very happy with my decision...

but getting back to what you said about 'performance', Dodge has ALWAYS been the "Performance Division" as long as i can remember, dating back to the '60's and maybe even '50's. the term "Performance" is relative, just as anything else.....
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2008, 09:10 AM   #23
Jeepster55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
If it were a Chrysler the interior would REALLY need an upgrade!
i dont' know about THAT! have you seen the interiors of the base Sebring? my Compass with the 'Yes Essentials' material is far nicer than THAT!
Unread 01-19-2008, 10:49 AM   #24
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

OK, but see what I mean by perceived? Dodge is perceived performance, Chrysler is perceived elegance and Jeep is perceived Off-Road. None of the lines holds true to peoples perceptions. So what's the point of trying to single out the Compass of not fitting the image as in their statement:
Quote:
Chrysler also aims to shore up the image of its brands, such as Jeep, after being criticized for expanding into vehicles such as the Compass that detract from its outdoor and off-road performance image. "It's got to be true to the brand. Don't put Jeep on something that is not a real Jeep," Press said of Chrysler's emerging brand strategy.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2008, 11:52 AM   #25
Jeepster55

on the 'flip' side of that, if Dodge were strickly 'PERFORMANCE', would they still be the leader of the free world in production of the "Mini-Van"? to me, "Mini-Van" and "Performance" don't exactly go 'hand in hand'.

'maybe' they should divide the lines as follows; Chrysler; passenger cars/daily drivers, Dodge; trucks and vans and Jeep; sport utility vehicles.

this would work but only IF Mopar could do the 'alpha' concept with all dealerships. that is EVERY dealership would carry ALL the lines. it's happening now, but won't be completed for several years.
Unread 01-19-2008, 01:59 PM   #26
CharBroiled
2000 XJ Cherokee 

have you seen some of the dodge turbo minivans? i though some of them pulled mid 12s in the 1/4 mile (might be wrong there or maybe Im thinking of a modified one), complete with factory fake wood siding if I can find a link Ill put it up.

but really I do think jeep should concentrate their ads and vehicles on "go anywhere" rather than "more cupholders."

going fast never hurt though.
Unread 01-24-2008, 09:28 PM   #27
Coasty161
2008 JK Wrangler 

little more info here http://www.truckblog.com/story-1588-...ss_get_updates
Coasty161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2008, 03:55 AM   #28
Jeepster55

nothing 'earth-shattering' there.....but maybe i had already known that because i had been looking at BOTH the '07 and '08 models.

the BIG thing was the 'Standard A/C' on both MK's. the way i look at it, unless the top comes off, ya need the A/C, RIGHT?????
Unread 01-25-2008, 10:06 PM   #29
Coasty161
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepster55
nothing 'earth-shattering' there.....but maybe i had already known that because i had been looking at BOTH the '07 and '08 models.

the BIG thing was the 'Standard A/C' on both MK's. the way i look at it, unless the top comes off, ya need the A/C, RIGHT?????
agree 100%
Coasty161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2008, 03:48 AM   #30
Rends

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07compasssport
These 2008 model updates has nothing todo with the new Chrysler interior update plan.
Rends is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.