MK Lift Kit Available - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > MK Lift Kit Available

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comCCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 01-20-2008, 08:45 PM   #91
Willy36
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepster55
how many people have to use the Compass' for you to consider them 'real Jeeps'? one? hundred? thousands?

do you consider the Grand Cherokee a 'real Jeep'? a vast majority of them have NEVER been 'off-road' and will never be.......
what we have here is a gigantic overreaction. let me leave jeeps out of this since that apparently strikes a nerve. lets use hummers.

i dont consider the h2 or h3 real hummers. but if i saw someone using them offroading and not tearing up the wilderness, id think it was pretty badass. im not saying i dont respect you if you dont take your compass offroad. im just saying it would be badass if you did.

and to gramps, i dont seem to remember saying "give me action shots or your compass sucks." what i said is "how bout some action shots? " again it would be badass. and even if you dont take it offroad, i still said "i admit it looks good." and to appease me? i suggested action shots because offroading is fun and action shots are fun.....for you. not for me. it would be cool to see it offroad.

i was trying to be very cordial and polite. apparently thats not good enough. sorry if i offended you. im gonna do everyone a favor and avoid the compass forums from now on since apparently theres a lot of hostility towards anyone who doesnt own one.

Willy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2008, 09:01 PM   #92
Jeepster55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy36
i was trying to be very cordial and polite. apparently thats not good enough. sorry if i offended you. im gonna do everyone a favor and avoid the compass forums from now on since apparently theres a lot of hostility towards anyone who doesnt own one.

FUNNY.......all we (MK Owners) seem to get is slammed for buying a 'non-Jeep' from most everyone else on this forum. all i've been saying all along is that if it has a "Jeep" name on it, it's a JEEP. LIVE WITH IT! and as i posted before, the Jeep line has always evolved as needs changed. if it hadn't, the Jeep name would have died along with that of the Packard, Edsel, DeSoto, Studebaker, Plymouth and Oldsmobile.

with the arguement you use, would that mean that ANY Jeep that doesn't go 'off-road' isn't a "real Jeep", including CJ's, YJ's and TJ's? sorry, if it is made by "Jeep", it's a "Jeep".....that simple.

as i did with my XJ or TJ in the past, i have no intention of taking this MK off-road. i bought a "Jeep" because i wanted a 4X4 to be a daily driver, get me through snow in the winter and still be fun to drive. my Compass fits the bill just fine, thank you very much!
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2008, 10:05 PM   #93
Willy36
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepster55
FUNNY.......all we (MK Owners) seem to get is slammed for buying a 'non-Jeep' from most everyone else on this forum. all i've been saying all along is that if it has a "Jeep" name on it, it's a JEEP. LIVE WITH IT! and as i posted before, the Jeep line has always evolved as needs changed. if it hadn't, the Jeep name would have died along with that of the Packard, Edsel, DeSoto, Studebaker, Plymouth and Oldsmobile.

with the arguement you use, would that mean that ANY Jeep that doesn't go 'off-road' isn't a "real Jeep", including CJ's, YJ's and TJ's? sorry, if it is made by "Jeep", it's a "Jeep".....that simple.

as i did with my XJ or TJ in the past, i have no intention of taking this MK off-road. i bought a "Jeep" because i wanted a 4X4 to be a daily driver, get me through snow in the winter and still be fun to drive. my Compass fits the bill just fine, thank you very much!
well im sorry if everyone else flamed you for buying a compass, but that has nothing to do with me now does it? as i said, im not going to reply to this forum any more.
Willy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2008, 04:31 AM   #94
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

To Willys36
My apologies if some of us Compass owners seem to be a little bit "thin skinned" but we've taken a lot of abuse over the last couple of years and get pretty defensive. The best that I can say is "walk a mile in our shoes" and you would get tired of it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willys36
and to gramps, i dont seem to remember saying "give me action shots or your compass sucks." what i said is "how bout some action shots? " again it would be badass. and even if you dont take it offroad, i still said "i admit it looks good." and to appease me? i suggested action shots because offroading is fun and action shots are fun.....for you. not for me. it would be cool to see it offroad.
Please don't put works in my mouth either, my foot is usually taking up too much room!

I installed the lift on just about the last nice day possible AND mine was the second MK, the first Compass and the first MK 4X4, so I'm still in the experimental stages. The tires that I picked out aren't quite what I was looking for, I still want some skid plates and sliders and some nice weather. All of the mods available for the other Jeeps have lots of history to them, I'm takin' it slow.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2008, 05:36 AM   #95
CharBroiled
2000 XJ Cherokee 

willy36, no need to leave.

I have both a XJ and a Patriot (which is just a boxier Compass) and truthfully in a major snowstorm the Patriot it better. it wont skid, it wont slide and it wont fishtail, all of which my XJ will do if Im not careful (and my XJ has the NP242 with fulltime 4WD - its handles better in snow than the NP231 part time only 4wd tcase most XJ have). and the MK has better traction with its selectable ESP traction control. while both keep going no matter what the Patriot is safer in snow. and thats what I wanted for my wife. something safe, that goes where you point it and got good MPG.

snow (plus some really crappy roads here in the hilltowns) is the main reason the wife and I have 4x4 jeeps.

I take my XJ offroad a bit and the only reason the Patriot doesnt go offroad with it is because its a brand new vehicle and thats probably why you dont see many offroad. wait a while and it will, especially now that lifts and other goodies are coming out for it.

how many stock XJs vs lifted XJ do you see on the trails? it is a new platform and it will take time for the MK owners to catch up with the XJ crowd as far as mods go. once more people lift and modify their MKs you may find yourself being pulled out of the mud by one some day

Last edited by CharBroiled; 01-21-2008 at 05:49 AM..
CharBroiled is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2008, 08:09 AM   #96
jeepin1995
1998 TJ Wrangler 

to all those complaining that a compass and patriot ain't a jeep..... what does it say on the back??? sure ain't a ford. different people want different things. maybe someone doesn't want a huge xj or wrangler.....
this is my YJ next to the wifes patriot.....

so yes i have the best of both, a heavily modified trail rig and a good gas mileage grocery getter/weekend wheeler..... and guess what..... THEIR BOTH JEEPS. and equally fun to drive. a vehicle doesn't have to be beat on the rocks or thrashed in the mud to be a jeep. if somebody chooses to keep their's on the pavement, it's their perogative. it could be worse..... the could be driving a hummer.....
Unread 01-22-2008, 10:55 AM   #97
Doba

My wife ordered her Compass lift on Friday. Hopefully it gets here before the weekend and we can get it on. She originally wanted to wait until she bought new tires as well, but she said she couldn't wait. I think we're going to get some BFG ATs. Good all around tire and they get a lot of miles out of them. Might step down in wheel size to 16s and get a little more rubber.

That being said, we have taken her Jeep out offroading a few times. It's got a bunch of pinstripes just like any other rig out there. She can't go a lot of places due to ground clearance reasons, but it still gets out there. The 4x4 has been put to the test and gotten out of a few spots where it should have gotten stuck. Better tires and a few more inches under the belly and it will make for a pretty fun little offroader.

Don't think I haven't wheeled other rigs either. I've got a 93 fullsize Bronco with a 6" lift and 35s. It is undergoing a solid axle swap and will be getting a set of 37s before too long.

I was not a fan of the Compass when we first got it, but with this small suspension lift and some new shoes I think it will be pretty cool.
Doba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2008, 05:44 PM   #98
jeepin1995
1998 TJ Wrangler 

have you gotten a tracking number or anything yet from them?? called them today to check on the status of the order i placed sunday and it won't be til at least middle of next week before they ship because they are waiting on a shipment of upper control arm bushings..... everything else is there..... just waiting on the bushings.
Unread 01-22-2008, 06:00 PM   #99
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

These kits are HOT ! Well worth the bucks! They make you stronger , like smiling Bob. My hats off to Glen and the crew at Rocky Road . Don't be too impatient, I waited 15 months for mine!

Unread 01-22-2008, 06:34 PM   #100
jeepin1995
1998 TJ Wrangler 

not impatient! just excited! but ill definitely post pictures as soon as i get it done!
Unread 01-22-2008, 07:33 PM   #101
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepin1995
not impatient! just excited! but ill definitely post pictures as soon as i get it done!
Ya, I was too. I even took a day off (abnormal for me) just to put it on. I feel good about it every time I walk out to it and climb in. It's funny how just a 2 1/8" lift can make you smile.

Unread 01-22-2008, 07:42 PM   #102
Jeepster55

hey "Gramps"......when did you get a 'right hand drive' Compass? (note antenna on the Left side of the vehicle and no gas door)
elift-kit-007a.jpg  
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2008, 08:03 PM   #103
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I flipped the pic to match the others. I've also had 3 different license plates that nobody has noticed.

Unread 01-23-2008, 10:25 AM   #104
Doba

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepin1995
have you gotten a tracking number or anything yet from them?? called them today to check on the status of the order i placed sunday and it won't be til at least middle of next week before they ship because they are waiting on a shipment of upper control arm bushings..... everything else is there..... just waiting on the bushings.
My wife called yesterday and they told her the same thing. They told her something about the manufacturer was out of stock. She was told late next week to expect it. I hope they aren't jerking us around. She's wanted this lift ever since we bought the car. She really wanted to be the first, but Gramps beat everyone.
Doba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2008, 06:01 PM   #105
jeepin1995
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doba
My wife called yesterday and they told her the same thing. They told her something about the manufacturer was out of stock. She was told late next week to expect it. I hope they aren't jerking us around. She's wanted this lift ever since we bought the car. She really wanted to be the first, but Gramps beat everyone.
hmmmmm i guess the race is between me and you!! j/k.....

got a question here..... if i do my lift, will it be ok to drive ~30 miles to get it aligned????? (speed limit 45, no highway) there are no reputable shops near where i am gonna install it.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.