MK Lift Kit Available - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > MK Lift Kit Available

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-26-2007, 04:12 AM   #76
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

With all of the poor driving conditions that we've had lately, snow, ice, rain and slush, I haven't had a real good run at maintaining a 65mph cruise speed for very long. What changes I've been able to notice is that at 65 its has dropped the cruise rpm from 2300 down to about 2150. This fits with the calculated drop going from 27.2" tires up to 29" which equals 94% or 2165rpm. What is most noticeable is that it takes a heavier right foot to get up to speed so I've had to adjust my driving technique.

ADDED INFO When driving between 45 -60 mph it want's to find a sweet spot at about 2100 - 2200 with it in D and letting the CVT do it's thing. I used the AutoStick and put it in 6 to check rpm's but couldn't hold any kind of steady speed because of conditions. I'll look more into that later.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2007, 09:35 AM   #77
Lostj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

got any offroad pictures yet?
Lostj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2007, 09:49 AM   #78
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

If only I had the time and convenient places to go. Even though the driving conditions were awful, a video of me busting threw the 3 foot glaciers at the end of my driveway wouldn't be very exciting to watch. Neither would a video of the traction controls keeping everything going straight and stopping just the way it's supposed to, sorry.

Unread 01-09-2008, 05:18 PM   #79
Jeepster55

OK, so here's a question that i've NOT found an answer to. i've been trying to read all the posts on this thread, but fell asleep.

can anyone tell me if there is just a 'spring spacer' kit for only a 1-1 1/2" lift? i just want to go up to the P235/65R17's and while i believe they will fit without any mods, i would like to lift it 'just a bit' anyway.

anyone? anyone?
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2008, 11:28 AM   #80
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepster55
OK, so here's a question that i've NOT found an answer to. i've been trying to read all the posts on this thread, but fell asleep.

can anyone tell me if there is just a 'spring spacer' kit for only a 1-1 1/2" lift? i just want to go up to the P235/65R17's and while i believe they will fit without any mods, i would like to lift it 'just a bit' anyway.

anyone? anyone?
I haven't heard of any. The "problem" is that the length of the studs on top of the struts are so long that if you made a shorter spacer the stud would need to be cut back and re-threaded in order to get it to fit under the top plate. That's some pretty hard material to be cutting on and there are 6 in the front and 4 in the back.

Unread 01-19-2008, 12:17 PM   #81
Willy36
1990 XJ Cherokee 

lifted compass?

ive heard some rumors about someone owning a lifted compass on here? if its true, lets see some pics of it. only out of curiosity. ill be sticking to my xj personally but i just wanna see what it looks like.
Willy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2008, 01:46 PM   #82
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Post moved. Pics start at post #48.

Unread 01-19-2008, 07:09 PM   #83
Willy36
1990 XJ Cherokee 

oh c'mon my xj had more clearance than that stock! i kid, i kid, a wrangler could probably say the same to me. hey, i may not be a fan of compasses, but if people start using em like real jeeps, ill consider em real jeeps.
Unread 01-19-2008, 10:17 PM   #84
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

The XJ's have a "Street" Forum, how is that using them like "real" Jeeps? Here's a pic of mine with an XJ, you loose. Lastly, I don't live by arbitrary rules created by anybody younger than me; and that's all most everybody in JF .
eeeshawn-014.jpg  

Unread 01-19-2008, 11:17 PM   #85
Willy36
1990 XJ Cherokee 

i think you meant i "lose" not "loose". i couldnt resist.

alright, all smartass comments out of the way, i (reluctantly) admit it looks good. how bout some action shots?
Unread 01-20-2008, 07:05 AM   #86
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I should have said you "loooooose"! It's all in perception. Action shots, why? To appease someone else? That's a silly reason to do anything. With a very small percentage of 4X4's ever going off-road why should a Compass have to just to prove something to other Jeep fans that it's a Jeep?

Let this be the end of this discussion, it adds no technical value to this technical forum.

Unread 01-20-2008, 06:30 PM   #87
jeepin1995
1998 TJ Wrangler 

just ordered the lift for my wife's 2008 Patriot. ill post pics when its installed!
Unread 01-20-2008, 06:46 PM   #88
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
I should have said you "loooooose"! It's all in perception. Action shots, why? To appease someone else? That's a silly reason to do anything. With a very small percentage of 4X4's ever going off-road why should a Compass have to just to prove something to other Jeep fans that it's a Jeep?

Let this be the end of this discussion, it adds no technical value to this technical forum.

Haha I was actually just gonna post up saying, "looks great now let's see it offroad!!". Not in a mean way just cause I'm curious how the little bastard would do , oh well, maybe one day you'll get the bug, 'till then good luck with your Compass! Hope to see you on the the trails someday !

edit: I just read an above post, can you not turn off TC? I can even turn it off in my Mustang when I feel like throwin' out the back end haha.

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/v...ck-now-908246/
0blcktj6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2008, 07:42 PM   #89
Jeepster55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy36
hey, i may not be a fan of compasses, but if people start using em like real jeeps, ill consider em real jeeps.
how many people have to use the Compass' for you to consider them 'real Jeeps'? one? hundred? thousands?

do you consider the Grand Cherokee a 'real Jeep'? a vast majority of them have NEVER been 'off-road' and will never be.......
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2008, 08:27 PM   #90
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0blcktj6
Haha I was actually just gonna post up saying, "looks great now let's see it offroad!!". Not in a mean way just cause I'm curious how the little bastard would do , oh well, maybe one day you'll get the bug, 'till then good luck with your Compass! Hope to see you on the the trails someday !

edit: I just read an above post, can you not turn off TC? I can even turn it off in my Mustang when I feel like throwin' out the back end haha.
You can turn the ESP to partial or full off as needed. I hope to make it out to the trails someday!!!! The problem with me taking pics is that they would have to be from the drivers seat, we have a very busy family and not too much time for outings. There is always something else going on.

"Little bastard" is about right. Most Compass owners probably feel like the red headed step child because of all of the bashing since the beginning. Right now I don't care for the tires that I picked out, they were only a cheap experiment, and I still need skid plates. Maybe when mines really done I'll name her "Giant Killer".

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.