MK Lift Kit Available - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > MK Lift Kit Available

2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black Sun Shade (Rugged Ridge)2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Smoked Style Hood Air DeflectorIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-03-2007, 07:23 PM   #31
mdls4
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUsax
Don't want to burst anyone's bubble... But...

RRO has what appears to be a similar spacer lift for the KJ. Another Unibody SUV with an independent Suspension (though only in front...). From what I read, there's no end of problems with this lift. While I can't be sure that the MK lift will have the same problems, it wouldn't surprise me at all. Independent suspensions cause no end of problems with lifts, so just know that you'll be a one of the first, and you'll be the one who has to fix the problems when they crop up.

I'd think long and hard before I tried anything to my MK. I'd hate to be replacing Struts and Ball Joints in a couple months just to be the first kid on the block with a lifted one.
My plans on lifting my MK are shattered!! Either way, I can't find a reputable importer from Australia anyhow for the Rocky Road lift kit.

Gramps, I hope you have nothing but good news when you get your lift kit and have it installed - i'm keen to hear the results.

mdls4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2007, 09:14 PM   #32
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Can't you just order direct? Can we ship it as Medical equipment???

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2007, 02:14 AM   #33
mdls4
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
Can't you just order direct? Can we ship it as Medical equipment???
What a brilliant idea. I'll have them package/label it as priority cosmetic surgery supplies, for a patient requiring a facial "lift"!!
mdls4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2007, 04:22 AM   #34
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

or maybe to fight depression, getting your spirits lifted. We have a plan!

Unread 11-04-2007, 11:43 AM   #35
Sporer65
1993 ZJ 

Glad to hear a lift finally coming out for the MKs. Good luck with Rocky Road. Now that Mopar is coming out with a JK lift, hopefully that lift that was on the Patriot concept a few years ago will come out too.

I do have one question though. Why not just get some wheels with more backspacing to clear the struts?

1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8: Rear Aussie, 3.5" Lift, 31" M/Ts

GA Trail Riders
Sporer65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2007, 12:28 PM   #36
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Measuring from the stock tires to the edge of the strut it would require a 2 1/4 " difference in backspacing on the wheel or a spacer the same width. The Patriot that the Engineers played with was just a "hey look at this", as far as I know they never did any wheeling with it. It's illegal in many states to run with wheels that extend beyond the fenders so that would require some flairs and I hate to think about the extra load on the wheel bearings with that much offset. As a DD it wouldn't last very long.

The other problem is the wheel well opening, it's only 34". Not much room there for anything bigger than 31's.

Unread 11-06-2007, 12:06 PM   #37
ASUsax
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNamesLeft
So uh, how high do you have your Sentra lifted? You must have a pretty insane commute each day. You do know that the Patriot is a Crossover right?
I suppose the 6 posts should tell you to look at my sig line and click on the '2002 TJ Wrangler' to the left.

I don't like the Sentra (Actually, it's a royal piece of crap) but it does get better mileage than the Wrangler. I'd like to have a Jeep that could get better mileage.
Blue Jeep Club Member #197
'02 TJ - 33" BFG MT's's, some armor, yadda yadda. 2" BDS lift/1"BL
'94 ZJ - May it rest in pieces.
ASUsax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2007, 02:21 PM   #38
NoNamesLeft

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUsax
I suppose the 6 posts should tell you to look at my sig line and click on the '2002 TJ Wrangler' to the left.

I don't like the Sentra (Actually, it's a royal piece of crap) but it does get better mileage than the Wrangler. I'd like to have a Jeep that could get better mileage.
"I'm looking for a higher-MPG replacement vehicle for my DD Sentra, but I don't think I could deal with the height of a bone-stock Patriot down the road. But you get some 31's under them, and you might be able to get modified KJ-level performance out of a Patriot."

I may be only 7 posts into a Jeep Forum but how good of gas mileage do you think you will get with a lifted 2.4 4 cyl w/ 31" tires? Are you looking for a Senta replacement (great choice) or an 02 TJ Wrangler replacement (probably not such a great choice)?

Its a crossover designed to go through the snow and pick kids up from soccer practice. Looking forward to my 8th post.
NoNamesLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2007, 02:39 PM   #39
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Enough...truce

Unread 11-06-2007, 04:52 PM   #40
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Received both the Lift Kit and tires today. Fast shipping from Rocky Road and The Tire Rack. The tires will be first thing Saturday morning. I'll post picks in the "Bigger Tires" thread. (never mind, I did the Lift Kit first)

The Lift kit looks pretty straight forward, even I can do it. Very well written instructions with a few good pics and drawings. The weather is turning a bit wet and chilly this weekend, hopefully the weekend after that will be better. We'll see.

Unread 11-06-2007, 06:30 PM   #41
Laloggia
2010 JK Wrangler 

You think it will fit on a compass?
2007 Honda Civic Coupe
Laloggia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2007, 06:42 PM   #42
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

All of the MK's call for the same suspension, brake and ALL other components other than body sheet metal, glass and bumpers. I have the parts manuals and Service Manuals, compared part numbers to the last degree, you bet it will fit! These two will swap as many parts as Cuda's and Challengers of the '70's will.

Briefly: ABSOLUTELY!

Unread 11-06-2007, 06:50 PM   #43
eeyun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
Received both the Lift Kit and tires today. Fast shipping from Rocky Road and The Tire Rack. The tires will be first thing Saturday morning. I'll post picks in the "Bigger Tires" thread.

The Lift kit looks pretty straight forward, even I can do it. Very well written instructions with a few good pics and drawings. The weather is turning a bit wet and chilly this weekend, hopefully the weekend after that will be better. We'll see.
Nice! Glad to hear it. Looking forward to the pics and your install experiences.
eeyun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2007, 06:59 PM   #44
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

And just think. You won't have to be searching back and forth between separate forums to get all of the right answers the first time! At least not yet!

Go vote: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/split-compass-patriot-forums-480365/

Unread 11-10-2007, 04:36 AM   #45
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I installed the Patriot kit on my Compass 4WD yesterday . . Actually I get 2 of those. First Compass and first 4WD, the test Patriot was a FWD . Going down to get the tires mounted and have the alignment done this morning. I've only driven it around the block @ 25mph, no problems. It'll take a while to get it all written up, including before/after, comparison to a GC and the tools needed and post the pics. The front half was easy , the rears were a different story, but doable.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.