MK Lift Kit Available - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > MK Lift Kit Available

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 02-23-2008, 07:06 PM   #151
Coasty161
2008 JK Wrangler 

looks great doba! got the jeep back, no complaints here except the price of the alignment. guess thats what i get for living on a island. pics soon to come once i find that darn camera.

Coasty161 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2008, 11:54 PM   #152
wil3284
1993 YJ Wrangler 

now my wife and i just bought a compass and i was wondering with this lift does it void your warranty in anyway because if it does she will not go for it and this is what i want for it.

You tube vid of my wrangler finally running
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNA8LeAjalk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLlqF71WLXw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RNu9lTwKxE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzq2FBCs4qU

need reptiles?
www.razorsharpreptiles.com

www.militaryjeepers.com
wil3284 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2008, 07:16 AM   #153
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Here are some quotes from another site (JP) that are the same as what I have come to know. It boils down to how well you get along with your dealer, and if you don’t, you're only half a day away from putting it back to stock. Right? Some dealers will tell you that not changing synthetic oil every 3K miles or going with oversized tires or switching to a K&N Cold Air system and a host of other things will also void your warranty, that's just pure BS. Usually if they give you any grief just throw the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act at them and they start to realize that your no dummy and are willing to fight the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJs07RIOT View Post
My dealership has been very helpful and eager to assist me since I lifted my Pat, they did my alignment to RR specs, and then tweaked it from there. Even when I get oil changes there now, I still get stairs from the sales department. I asked about my lifetime warranty the last time I was in, and they said everything is covered other than what i changed, even then when the mechanics changed my oil, they looked over my lift and said that it looked fine, and didn't see anything that could cause my warranty to be voided, also I was asked if I kept the original parts and I told the yes, they said good because if something does happen all I gotta do is take the lift off. My dealership is used to see lifted Jeeps all the time, they sell a lot of Wranglers that get lifted. I guess it really comes down to finding a "Jeep friendly" Jeep Dealership!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepJim View Post
I have been an auto enthusiast for quite some time now and have in fact battled with Chrysler about a car that I had lowered. I had a Neon that had a faulty head gasket and was still under warranty and under 20,000 miles. They immediately tried to say no cause it was modified. However if you do your research you'll be ok. The thing is they have to prove your aftermarket parts caused their parts to fail. Usually they will spend more money trying to prove it than it would cost them to replace the part. I had no problems at all when I contacted Chrysler directly even when two different dealers told me they wouldn't replace my head gasket.

This is the federal law that protects you by setting warranty standards:

Magnuson Moss Warranty Act

US Code - Title 15, Chapter 50, Sections 2301-2312

Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)) . For best results, consider working with performance-oriented dealerships with a proven history of working with customers. If your vehicle manufacturer fails to honor emission/warranty claims, contact EPA at (202) 260-2080 or www.epa.gov. If federal warranty protection is denied, contact the FTC at (202) 326-3128 or www.ftc.gov.

For more information and you want to read about how to get them to work on and fix your modified vehicle see the sema site here:

http://sema.org/main/semaorghome.aspx?ID=50096

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2008, 01:35 PM   #154
wil3284
1993 YJ Wrangler 

thanks gramps i really appreciate that im glad that someone did shed some light on that, looks like im getting a lift kit with my tax money

You tube vid of my wrangler finally running
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNA8LeAjalk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLlqF71WLXw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RNu9lTwKxE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzq2FBCs4qU

need reptiles?
www.razorsharpreptiles.com

www.militaryjeepers.com
wil3284 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2008, 02:08 PM   #155
JLink
2007 MK Patriot 

Gramps, I'm JeepJim (name was already taken here, so I had to use this one.) from the JP site and kinda need a favor since your is lifted. I am hoping to see a photo of the drive shaft and u-joint angles after the lift is installed. I am highly considering adding to the RRO lift.

Why? well in the beginning Libertys thought their limits were 2 - 2.5" of lift too now look at them... some are over 5" with no issues. All I want is 3 - 3.5" and to be honest I think its more than possible.
JLink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2008, 03:01 PM   #156
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
Gramps, I'm JeepJim (name was already taken here, so I had to use this one.) from the JP site and kinda need a favor since your is lifted. I am hoping to see a photo of the drive shaft and u-joint angles after the lift is installed. I am highly considering adding to the RRO lift.

Why? well in the beginning Libertys thought their limits were 2 - 2.5" of lift too now look at them... some are over 5" with no issues. All I want is 3 - 3.5" and to be honest I think its more than possible.
Will do Jim as soon as I can. We're do some more snow in the the next couple of days and then a warm spell (above 32 anyway) . That will give me some time to haul out the ramps and go down under.

Oh, and welcome to the "other" Patriot forum. You and Rends both.

Unread 02-25-2008, 02:29 AM   #157
JLink
2007 MK Patriot 

Gramps while were at it, what do you think? Do you think I'll be able to any higher than the RRO lift? I mean you have some other Jeep Experience and you can physically see the angles. Whats your opinion?
a Scan Gauge II and a Garmin GPSMap 60CSX
[url=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2653175]CarDomain[/url]
Unread 02-25-2008, 05:08 AM   #158
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Jim, All I wanted for lift was 1 1/2" - 2" so this was what I was looking for, going with more wasn't in my thought process when I was doing it. One of my friends has a Libby with a 3" lift that I'll be talking to. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/mks-vs-08-liberty-ground-clearance-484722/

Everybody has their own reasons for how much they want to lift their Jeep but what are you going to do about tires? The limit is 29.9" until you hit the safety bar that's built on to the strut. Are you thinking about removing/relocating it or maybe wheel spacers to move the tires out? Just curious.

Unread 02-25-2008, 09:21 AM   #159
JLink
2007 MK Patriot 

My long term goal for the Jeep honestly is to have in the neighborhood of 12-14" of ground clearance. I also like the looks of the Orange SEMA Patriot and would like build mine to look similar that one. It supposedly had a 2.5" lift and 31" tires which should have given it about 12-13" clearance. I got this by adding 2.5 from lift and 1.5 from the larger tires plus the 8-9” it started with.

Now all this may all change once I get my RRO lift (already ordered), new tires (still deciding on which ones), intake (already ordered), and eventually a new exhaust installed. However I also want to have enough faith in my 'Riot to attempt a Level 2.5 rated trail at any given moment.
The tire sizes I have looked at buying are 245/65/17's (that should be approximately 29.5") I have also thought about 225/70R17's (approximately 29.4") and 235/65/17's (approximately 29") or even some 225/75R16's which has some very aggressive tread patterns (approximately 29.25"). As you can see in my signature I am seriously thinking 245's which some of the more adventurous Patriot owners have reported they rub on the in side at full lock and some report they do not. I am sure this depends on the make of the tire. I would order a variety of wheel spacers from 7/32" to 1/2" or round about those measurements to counter act the possibility of rubbing.

I know I have mentioned relocating or possibly shaving the safety spring catch, but that is a last resort. I realize there are other options, especially since the SEMA Patriot supposedly used coil-over’s to achieve its lift. Now I have not seen a photo that proves this to be true or not. Regardless I have emailed several companies regarding such a system for the Patriot but none seem to be currently interested in "our market". My next thing is probably to contact OME to see if they would consider making new struts/shocks/springs for the "Riot.

Now to recap…
I guess in the end I want three things. First I want for people to quit accepting what they are told with out trying it themselves or proof. For example, when the Liberty came out they were told the same thing. Two inches of lift max. Now look at them. Some have 5-7” of lift and some probably higher. This was accomplished by people trying and not accepting what they were told by some fool who misunderstood what they were told or assumed something. Secondly I just one of those bad-*** Jeeps that when people see it they know I put work into it. Finally I want to gain some respect from the other Jeep owners.

Jeeps are built, not bought!

Last edited by JLink; 02-25-2008 at 09:22 AM.. Reason: cutting and pasting messed up my formatting.
Unread 02-25-2008, 12:58 PM   #160
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Jim, I'd be the last person to tell someone not to try. I get real tied of people saying that "it can't be done". Guess my sig says pretty much how I feel about it.

This is the emails I've had with my friend who has done several lifts on Libertys.

Quote:
Shawn,

Any problems with the CV’s on your 3” lift with short life or anything like that. We’re trying to find the “theoretical” limit lifting an independent suspension before things start to die. Any idea?

Bob

Bob
If you go any higher than what I am you have to use special CV axles so in theory about 3.5” is the max before you will start to get problems. This will all vary depending on vehicle size and stock travel. I’m sure some larger SUVs or trucks can get more out of them. I know most IFS use a lower bracket to get past this lift wise, the vehicle is higher but travel is the same so you gain clearance but not articulation like with a long arm system on solid axles, you gain articulation as well as overall height. Hope that helps.

Shawn

Unread 02-25-2008, 01:54 PM   #161
JLink
2007 MK Patriot 

Thanks Gramps appreciate the info. I looked at some spring isolators (spacer) online and they are pretty cheap. After I get the lift kit, which I called RRO again today and the bushings are still back ordered, and tires (yup ordered them today too) and get them installed. Thats when I'll know if I am going any higher or not.

The way it looks is I should have just under 12" ground clearance. Its starting at about 8.5 now plus 2.25 from the lift plus the .75 from the tires should be about 11.5" which seems pretty respectable to me anyway but we'll see how it looks. I have seen two guys running 245's and its hard to see exactly how it looks due to camera angles.

The bad news is the way my schedule at work is even if I had all the stuff in hand today I wouldn't have time to install it for another 31 days anyway. I am instructor in the Army and we pick up a new class tomorrow. SO I'll be back to the grind working 7 days a week for 31 days. Good news though is I'll have a plenty of time before my next class to get this stuff installed and properly tested out.
Unread 02-25-2008, 08:46 PM   #162
Coasty161
2008 JK Wrangler 

some pics of the jeep lifted, used a 1 gallon washer fluid bottle just to show how much clearance is gained.

Unread 02-27-2008, 08:15 AM   #163
Doba

Did you get new tires yet? Let's see some pictures from further back.
Doba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2008, 01:12 PM   #164
Coasty161
2008 JK Wrangler 

got new tires in jan,had just washed car so decided to take clearance shots...will get more soon.
Unread 02-27-2008, 04:17 PM   #165
RooCo
2007 MK Compass 

After seeing these pictures I am DEFINITELY getting a lift kit for my Compass. My question, though, is whether or not it will look stupid to keep the original tires for awhile. I can't afford to "upgrade" everything at once. I have a Limited version so the wheels are bigger and so maybe it won't look silly...
RooCo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
compass , lift , lift kit , mk , patriot

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.