Misc equipment - Mirrors & Aux Power - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Misc equipment - Mirrors & Aux Power

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-10-2007, 05:32 PM   #16
snood
2007 MK Compass 

can you tell if the mirror is plugged into a connector inside the headliner or the dash

also do you have a diagram of the sub wiring as its plugged into the sub and a breakdown of that

Unread 06-10-2007, 06:45 PM   #17
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Yes it is by the C1 Connector. Here is the wiring diagram for it too.
emirror.jpg   rv-diag.jpg  

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2007, 02:03 PM   #18
pszemia
2007 MK Compass 

thanks a lot gramps!

so you say that i can buy the inverter parts and it will work as a 110 ouput?

and about the dimming mirror, the cables are already there? so i can just buy the mirror? what about the cables for the u-connect.

Thanks, ariel
pszemia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2007, 05:20 PM   #19
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pszemia
thanks a lot gramps!

so you say that i can buy the inverter parts and it will work as a 110 output?

and about the dimming mirror, the cables are already there? so i can just buy the mirror? what about the cables for the u-connect.

Thanks, ariel
You can buy any inverter, perhaps even an aftermarket one that puts out your local voltage, the factory 110V plug and then run an adapter. Of course you would need to find one small enough to fit in a mounting area of your choice or get the complete factory N. American set up. What I don't know is how much of the factory wiring harness is shipped with the exports. It may be more cost affective to put your own system together. It depends on how much of it is part of the main harness.

The UConnect requires the Drivers Convenience Group which includes the Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror and therefor the wiring harness for both. Since you do not have the DCG I believe you will also need to get the harness also.

Unread 06-26-2007, 04:54 PM   #20
pszemia
2007 MK Compass 

i am getting the jeep next week so, i will check the cables if you tell me how to do that without braking anythin... principally the auto-dimming mirror, not the power inverter now..

thanks,

ariel
Unread 07-01-2007, 07:17 AM   #21
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Post 1 of 4

CAUTION: Do not attempt to remove interior trim panels or moldings without first removing the necessary adjacent trim panels or moldings. To avoid damaging the trim panels, ensure that all the fasteners are removed or disengaged before attempting to remove interior trim panels or moldings. Trim panels are somewhat flexible but can be damaged if handled improperly.

DISCONNECT negative (Ground/Earth) battery cable.

These are the most common tools used on the paneling (fig1); the wiring diagram (fig 2) and Cluster harness layout (fig 3/4). For Cluster removal see post #23.
2tools-.jpg   wiring.jpg   ipanel-lhda.jpg   ipanel-lhdb.jpg  

Unread 07-01-2007, 07:20 AM   #22
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Post 2 of 4

Headliner REMOVAL

1. Disconnect and isolate battery negative cable.

2. Using a trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, release the clips (2) and separate the A-pillar trim from the A-pillar (fig 1).

3. Disconnect the electrical connector (3) and release the wire harness support clips (1) from A pillar (2) (fig 2).

4. Remove the two screws that secure the sun visor to the roof panel and remove the sun visor from the headliner(not shown).

5. If equipped, disconnect the illuminated vanity mirror wire harness connector (not shown).

6. Remove the screw that secures the sun visor support to the roof panel and remove the support from the headliner (not Shown).

7. Disconnect the rear view mirror (3) electrical connectors (1 and 2) (fig 3 upper).

I’ve included the following for reference:

8. Remove the assist handles by using a small pry tool or equivalent; release the assist handle (2) by prying out the clips (3) at either end (fig 3 lower).

9. If equipped with a sunroof, separate the fasteners (3) and lower the headliner (1) (fig 4 upper).

10. Disconnect the washer hose, if equipped, and remove the headliner (1) (fig 4 lower).
headliner-aa.jpg   headliner-ab.jpg   headliner-c.jpg   headliner-d.jpg  

Unread 07-01-2007, 07:30 AM   #23
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Post 3 of 4

Cluster Bezel REMOVAL. I'm not sure how much of a harness is already installed, these steps may not be necessary.

1. Remove the top cover (1).
A. Using a trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, release the clips (2) and separate the A-pillar trim from the A-pillar (fig 1 upper).
B. Using a trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, release the retainer clips (3) and remove the top cover (figure 1 lower).

2. Remove the steering column opening cover.
A. Using a trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, separate the steering column opening cover and remove (fig 2).

3. Remove the two lower bezel screws (2) at the steering column opening (fig 3 upper).

4. Using a trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, separate and remove the end cap (1) (fig 3 lower).

5. Remove the four screws (2) behind the end cap and rotate the front of the bezel (1) up (fig 4).

6. Separate the three rear tabs (2) and remove the bezel (1) (fig 5).
fig1top-cover.jpg   fig2steering-colum-cover.jpg   fig3sc-side-cover.jpg   fig4endcap-bezel.jpg  

Unread 07-01-2007, 08:15 AM   #24
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Post 4 of 4

MIRROR

1. Position and slide the rear view mirror (2) downward over the support bracket/button (1) on the inside of the windshield glass (fig 1).

2. Install and tighten the set screw (3) that secures the rear view mirror to the support bracket/button. Tighten the screw to 2 N•m (17 in. lbs.) (fig 1).

3. If the vehicle is so equipped, route the electrochromic (automatic dimming) mirror takeout and connector (1) and/or the telematic (hands-free phone) mirror takeout and connector (2) of the headliner wire harness to the left of the mirror support bracket and reconnect it to the connector receptacle on the back (windshield side) of the mirror housing (3) (figs 2 & 3).

4. If the vehicle is equipped with either the electrochromic or the telematic mirror option, reconnect the battery negative cable.
mi.jpg   mi-1-.jpg   mirrorohead.jpg  

Unread 07-02-2007, 07:57 PM   #25
pszemia
2007 MK Compass 

gramps, reallly tahnks for all the picutres.

As you explain, i think it will be best to begin removing the cluster, so i can check if the plugs or cables are already there?

i think it's the cluster, i mean the part that is shown on the last pic of post #24 (left part, module-electronic)

do you think this is better?

Thanks,

ariel
Unread 07-02-2007, 07:58 PM   #26
pszemia
2007 MK Compass 

i forgot, the A pillar, is the pillar that is on the lef side (driver side on LHD)??

the pillar that suppourt the windshiled?

thanks,

ariel
Unread 07-03-2007, 03:48 AM   #27
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pszemia
i forgot, the A pillar, is the pillar that is on the left side (driver side on LHD)?? the pillar that support the windshield?
thanks,
ariel
Yes Ariel, but it's post 22, figs 1 & 2. See what, if any, wiring harness is in the A pillar.

I want to add too, that looking at the diagram in post 21, fig 2, that maybe the only reason that the mirror gets an electrical connection at all is that the auto dimming feature is by-passed when you're in reverse to give you a "brighter" view if using the mirror for backing up. Since I don't back up using the inside rear view mirror, I wouldn't want to go to this much trouble to connect the mirror electrically, just personal opinion.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.