Misc equipment - Mirrors & Aux Power - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Misc equipment - Mirrors & Aux Power

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 05-25-2007, 09:58 AM   #1
pszemia
2007 MK Compass 

Misc equipment - Mirrors & Aux Power

Hi, in 20 days i will finally get my jeep compass limited 4x4 jeep green arrived.

Here, in argentina, the equipments are almost similar but there are 2 important missing, and i want to know if i can add them.

1) electric folding mirrors. (mine include calefaction)
2) 110volt power outlet.
3) automatic diming mirror

1) is it possible to add this option? or it will cost a lot of money?

2) the power outlet, is tapped with a plastic, so i want to know if the wiring is still there, and i can reache them and insert the plug. Or what should i check to know if i can install it?

3) can i install it?

thanks,

ariel

pszemia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2007, 03:30 PM   #2
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

I have a Caliber, and I KNOW that you can install the U-Connect mirror in them if you have the auto dimming one, I would think you can install the auto dim mirror if you dont have it. Here's how to do that:
http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/...ghlight=mirror
I'm not sure though. As far as the power outlet goes, I dont know, and power fold mirrors (or even folding mirrors) are not available to us caliber guys. Somebody might be able to chime in about the Euro versions of the Compass, but I know Euro mirrors and ours have different wiring connectors.
Unread 05-26-2007, 10:06 AM   #3
pszemia
2007 MK Compass 

hi, mine is not euro compass (i think).

Thanks,

Ariel
Unread 05-26-2007, 11:48 AM   #4
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pszemia
Hi, in 20 days i will finally get my jeep compass limited 4x4 jeep green arrived.

Here, in argentina, the equipments are almost similar but there are 2 important missing, and i want to know if i can add them.

1) electric folding mirrors. (mine include calefaction)
2) 110volt power outlet.
3) automatic diming mirror

1) is it possible to add this option? or it will cost a lot of money?

2) the power outlet, is tapped with a plastic, so i want to know if the wiring is still there, and i can reache them and insert the plug. Or what should i check to know if i can install it?

3) can i install it?

thanks,

ariel
1) Heated (calefaction) mirrors: I’m unsure of the connectors used in S America, but the male/female plugs could be changed. Do you have power mirrors now? If not, you will need a wiring harness and switch for the armrest.

Compass (MK49) power heated mirrors, fold-away:

US (out of stock at distributor):
Right - 5115 046AA
Left - 5115 047AA

Europe (availability unknown)
Right - 5115 294AC
Left - 5115 795AC (data entry error? sb 5115 295 possibly)

2) Argentina uses 220 V with a round 2 connector plug. To use your local appliances you would need a different converter and fabricate a plug or buy an adapter. You could also buy N. American appliances and use the 110 converter. I’m not sure what the export versions are shipped with as far as wiring or if the converter is installed either.

3) Do you just want the dimming mirror or do you want the UConnect phone option too? If it’s just the automatic dimming feature, that shouldn’t be too hard to find on the Internet.

I would think that all of these could be owner installed depending on your talents. A little bit of assembly knowledge and electrical experience would be needed. Check with your dealers parts department on availability of necessary items and then search the Internet to get the best prices. We do have a US dealer that is a vendor on this site, you may want to contact them for help:

http://www.wyckoffchryslerparts.com/

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2007, 04:11 PM   #5
pszemia
2007 MK Compass 

hi

the mirrors are power mirror, with electric control, but not fold away, but maybe i am wrong here, the fold away mirros, just open and close with the key? or there is an internal interruptor? if it's the second option, i have just power mirror withouth fold away (the thing i want)

the interior mirror, just auto-dim, not uconnect.

the power, is ok 110 and straight connector, because i have interchange plugs to use and most things here are 110-220 auto voltage select. So i want to know if just the plug is missing or all the wiring.

Thanks,

Ariel
Unread 05-27-2007, 04:13 PM   #6
pszemia
2007 MK Compass 

i forgot, here the compass, as far as i can see (there are only a few) the rear headrest is not fixed, and there is also a central rear headrest

greetings,

ariel
Unread 05-28-2007, 12:19 AM   #7
madrabbitt

Assuming the existing rear view mirror is your everyday standard, glued onto the glass mirror, then an autodimming aftermarket mirror is probably your best bet.

heres theebay link

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
madrabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2007, 03:03 PM   #8
pszemia
2007 MK Compass 

hi, thanks for that, but i am looking for original MOPAR accesories, because of warranty problems.

i dont know if the autodiming of mopar includes or not u-connect.

Thanks,

Ariel
Unread 05-29-2007, 03:52 AM   #9
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Ariel,

The power mirrors here in N. America only fold away (swing in) when you brush against something, that part is not power, only the adjustment is controled by the switch on the armrest. All Compass' have fold away mirrors here in N. America

I have the auto dimming interior mirror in mine. It also has the mechanism for UConnect but is non functional since I did not get that option. Installing a rear view mirror that is not DC/MOPAR will have no affect on you warrenty.

To check out the 110 power outlet, I attempted to configure a Compass on the Argentina site but was unable to do it. I think the only way to find this out is to check with the dealers parts department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pszemia
i forgot, here the compass, as far as i can see (there are only a few) the rear headrest is not fixed, and there is also a central rear headrest.
LUCKY YOU! Wish we had that!

Unread 05-29-2007, 06:06 PM   #10
pszemia
2007 MK Compass 

hi

gramps, i have a question about that, if i buy the auto-dim (original mopar) mirror for my jeep, sholud i make some kind of strange connections?

about the 110 volt, i will wait to get mine and then remove the plastic cap that covers the outlet, and see how is everything there, then i will post the images.

Thanks,

ariel
Unread 05-29-2007, 06:29 PM   #11
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Ariel,

All tho there is a wiring harness that comes out the back of the mirror, I believe that it's because of my "Drivers Convenience Group" that I have that is required to have the factory UConnect phone. The only thing that I can see that it does on mine is it lights up a little green light to tell me that the UConnect would be "ON" if I had it. As you can see from the posts on the Service Manual Wiring Diagrams, we are having a bit of a problem opening them. If I can get them to open, I'll trace down the circuitry on it and the Voltage Converter and maybe give you a better answer.

Minor update. I was able to read the index on the wiring charts and under "Power Converter" it said "All except export". It doesn't look promising.

Unread 05-30-2007, 11:21 AM   #12
pszemia
2007 MK Compass 

uhhhh bad bad bad

let's hop it's only a cable and an outlet so i can take out that ugly plastic cap,

greetings,

ariel
Unread 06-10-2007, 01:05 PM   #13
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

110V Power Inverter and Outlet. Here's some links for better pics of the 3 & 4 Pics, I had to reduce them too much to attach. These would be with your head on the floor looking up.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x...0InverterC.jpg

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x...0InverterD.jpg
110-inverter.jpg   110-inverterb.jpg   110-inverterce.jpg   110-inverterde.jpg   110v.jpg  

Unread 06-10-2007, 01:07 PM   #14
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Auto Dimming Mirror. On the C1 connector, 4 -7 are not used.
rv-mirror.jpg   c1-7-way.jpg   c2-12-way.jpg   c2-12-way-cf.jpg  

Unread 06-10-2007, 02:11 PM   #15
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Woops! Here's the wiring diagram for the Inverter.
110-inverterdiag.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.