Manual Patriots - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Manual Patriots

Custom Axle Work at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 01-08-2008, 07:43 PM   #1
udmover
2011 WK 

Manual Patriots

Got to talking with another Jeep owner yesterday; they were surprised that the Patriot is available with manual trans. I told him that I had to special order it, because I couldn't find a manual Pat with the options I wanted. In fact, there was only one 4x4 Sport 5-speed within 50 miles of me whe I was looking back in November. Got me thinking...how many 4x4 manual Pat owners bought theirs off the lot and how many needed to order?

udmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2008, 05:58 AM   #2
CharBroiled
2000 XJ Cherokee 

we have the auto but when we were looking about (looked at about 12 pats) only one had a manual and it was the 2.0L 4x2. so they do seems rare.
Unread 01-09-2008, 02:33 PM   #3
Trek620
2008 MK Patriot 

Ordered

Had to order mine, took five weeks exactly but worth the wait. I love the 5 speed.
Trek620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2008, 03:15 PM   #4
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

1 manual Caliber on the lot when I looked, NO manual 4x4 Patriots like I wanted, not wanting to wait forever (this was before they got up to snuff) I got a CVT Caliber R/T.
Unread 01-10-2008, 06:13 PM   #5
JeepinGirlCT
2001 TJ Wrangler 

We bought 2 Manual Transmission Patriots

I had a 2005 X-terra that developed a leak in one of the cam seals at 23,000 miles (piece of junk-too many problems to list). Wanted a manual transmission Patriot. I was able to find a handful from various dealerships in my area by looking on the jeep.com website, then plugging into the dealerships that listed their inventory on line. I was able to find many more 2007 Compass left overs (many at really good deals), but the bottom line was that I wanted more trunk space and my husband liked the classic jeep lines. I found a jeep green '08 manual with the 25E package and power moon roof for under $22,000. They gave me a good trade for my X-terra, which made it really affordable for me. I was able to take advantage of the 0% for 36month finance deal, plus upgraded the bumper to bumper warrenttee to 7 years 75,000 miles for $30 a month, which I liked.

My husband was driving a '96 RAV 4 that was on its last legs. We found him a base model manual tranny '08 Pat (which was fine with him). He loves it. We bought both of ours off the lot, so the biggest wait was for filling out the paperwork. I've got to get some pictures to post. Now we're all excited about putting some custom stuff on (he bought me a bug deflector and sill guards for Christmas). I love the I-Pod jack-

I must say the Patriot manual transmission has one of the smoothest clutches I've ever driven (and I've had lots). It performs well in the snow, and my husband got 30mpg on the last tankful. He commutes 120 miles per day. You can't beat it for the money! You really get a lot of bang for the buck!

I have seen a bunch of Compasses around town-they're great too. For all you Compass owners out there-what's your best MPG?
JeepinGirlCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2008, 11:02 AM   #6
Trek620
2008 MK Patriot 

Shift speeds?

I'd like to hear from manual drivers when you shift. The recommendations in the manual don't seem to have any bearing to reality. I'm trying to come up with optimal shift points based on RPM. My first go around was to shift always at 3000 RPM but I think each gear has it's own optimal RPM. One set of shift points for spirited driving and one for conservative. Any real life input is appreciated!
Trek620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2008, 01:36 PM   #7
Dr. Grinch

Got my Manual 4x4 within 2 days or so of inquiring at the dealer. They were able to pull 3 in for me to choose from actually. Settled on a green North Edition with some options.
As for the gearbox, it's uhh.. indirect, and the clutch is sort of buttery. The engagement isn't really all that convincing, feels like a lot of slippage before it hooks.
My last car was a ridiculous street monster though, so my standards are totally different than what others are expecting.

I seem to be shifting anywhere between 3500 - 4000rpm under heavier acceleration and maybe as low as 2800rpm in the city Trek620.
Coming from a big turbo'd beasty it's weird shifting so low...
Dr. Grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2008, 12:52 AM   #8
JLink
2007 MK Patriot 

Yeah I bought mine last summer This was the only manual that was imported to germany (for soldiers stationed here) and I bought before it was even shipped inland (it was still on the boat in port). The only problem is I didn't get any choice of color or I would have had to wait till the 2008's came out, but Silver is ok (I guess).

I have yet to see another 5 speed and every time someone asks me something about the Patriot its always "how do you like the CVT?" My response is "I didn't like it thats why mines a 5 speed."
JLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2008, 09:34 AM   #9
jessasfella
2013 JK Wrangler 

There were lots of manuals to choose from in the Denver area...probably 1/3 of the total inventory (although most of those were Sports).

I've actually stalled a few times in the Patriot, just because a) it's geared so differently from my TJ that I accidentally put it in too high a gear or give it too little gas, and b) the engine is so quiet that I can't hear it sputter. I've gotten a little better about it.

I haven't noticed what RPMs I shift at, but I've found that I have to wait a little longer than I would on most of the other manuals I've had, especially when accellerating onto a highway, or there won't be enough power in the next gear up.

This is in contrast to my TJ, where I'm in 5th gear by 30mph.
jessasfella is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.