Major mis-fire problem with 08 Pat - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Major mis-fire problem with 08 Pat

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 06-02-2012, 06:28 PM   #16
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadetklapp View Post
Yes, thank you for your exceptionally helpful post. I guess the fact that it was "certified" as well as having a copy of a clean Carfax etc just added up to this failure being my fault.

The warranty company is refusing to cover the repair, something about the throttle body not being considered a power train or "high tech" componant

So I'm looking at a $500 repair on a crap vehicle. I stand by the statement that this is the worst vehicle I've ever owned.
Certified means they looked at it before putting it on the lot,nothing more.Carfax is a joke and has been for years.I ran a carfax on my Jeep and one thing is one there and that is one recall that was done,nothing about the $5500 hail damage and nothing about my VIN being flagged for being ecessively modified.About 75% of anything that should be reported does not as no one has to report it to places like carfax and most don't as it's a waste of time.

With that being said you just do not know when something will fail,every part of any vehicle will fail and that is a fact but when is a crap shoot.

Unread 06-02-2012, 09:23 PM   #17
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

This is why I couldnt get myself to buy the optional extended warranty on the last used car I bought (Volvo). They couldn't produce literature showing me exactly what components were covered and I didn't trust it. To a consumer, a throttle body is part of the powertrain. Afterall the motor couldn't operate without it. And yet somehow the warranty can get around it. At least the chrysler contracts specifically list all the items covered, and I believe the throttle body (on the Liftetime One) is covered.
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 07:04 AM   #18
Elihawk
2008 MK Compass 

Well, every make/model of car has a few people who feel the way you do about their vehicle. Sorry you got a bad one. I have the Compass and have had no problems. Certified simply means it was fine when it left the lot, not that it was well cared for before that!
Elihawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.