lowering springs - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > lowering springs

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comEliminate Hood Flutter!!!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-27-2008, 04:14 AM   #31
patrick3319
2008 MK Compass 

didn't you mention that if they were for the caliber they would be like a 2" drop for the compass in another post? What size are your rims?

anyone know, if the caliber shocks would fit over...therefore it wouldn't put so much wear with lowering springs onto the stock compass struts? cuz if so, it may even work to just take a whole assembly from a caliber and put it in a compass to lower it...and get a stock ride feel...

patrick3319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2008, 07:14 AM   #32
Laloggia
2010 JK Wrangler 

I was comparing the Mopar lowering springs in another post. They don't state that they will fit on a compass, so i didn't take the risk. Went with the Eibachs because i have had very good luck with these on 2 Jettas i have owned and the Crossfire. The pro-kit is perfect if you don't want the jeep to look slammed. I will be honest with you, the eibachs have a better ride than the stock springs. They come with the front bump stops and the rears need to be trimmed. I recommend them. The rims i have are 18x8 with 235/50/18 tires.
2007 Honda Civic Coupe
Laloggia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2008, 09:02 AM   #33
patrick3319
2008 MK Compass 

ahhh alright. cuz I was reading around on the net, and people were saying the H&Rs ride much better than eibach... and it lowers it like 1.5F 1.4R. But I was thinking that maybe if I went with stock Caliber struts and springs it would drop it to the height of the caliber..(if it bolts up properly). I want to go with 20" with a nice big lip...and then get the Rallye kit...and I think it would look AMAZING...but I obviously can't drop too much if I want 20s to fit...because I know the eibachs are the caliber part # as well as the compass...where as h&r are strictly for the compass and have a diff part # for the caliber
patrick3319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2008, 01:29 PM   #34
nick8387
2008 MK Compass 

well i talked to eibach before lowering my compass to see if the 2 inch kit they make for the caliber would fit the compass and the reason he told me they wouldnt work is because that much of a drop would mess up the camber so i went with the prokit and to me it looks amazing.
nick8387 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.