lowering springs - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > lowering springs

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 12-08-2007, 02:35 PM   #16
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
'scuse me but I don't think over the counter replacement parts or bolt on mods are going to affect either the 36K or the Lifetime warranty. Anybody have a handle on what Chrysler Corporate says?
Mopar should not affect the warranty but an aftermarket set COULD void your suspension warranty. It depends on the dealer you use quite often.

Unread 01-05-2008, 06:49 PM   #17
kenarcia
2007 MK Compass 

2007 Compass Lowering (not lift) kit available?

Hi All, I'm the proud owner of my first Jeep. It's a Compass. I have 20" rims/tires and would like to lower it at least 3" in front and 2" in back (to give some play if if I have any cargo/weight).

Does anyone know if there is a suspension kit to lower the compass? I've only found one (www.hrsprings.com) and that was only for 1.5".

Thanks for any help.
Ken
kenarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2008, 09:02 PM   #18
Laloggia
2010 JK Wrangler 

I have not found a spring kit yet that lowers that much. Eibach springs also lower about 1.2 and 1.3 inches. From my understanding, the OEM Mopar lowering springs might go lower than HR and Eibach.

Check out this thread.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492908
2007 Honda Civic Coupe
Laloggia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2008, 09:15 PM   #19
Laloggia
2010 JK Wrangler 

My only concern is that Eibach's part number, 2881.140, is for the compass and the base caliber. Its the same. Is the 1.2 and 1.4 inch drop listed on the Eibach site for the caliber or compass? If the compass sits 1 inch lower, wouldn't this info be wrong?

If the specs were for the Caliber, then the Dodge will be lowered 1.2 in the rear and 1.4 in the front. This will make it a 2.2 drop and 2.4 drop for the Compass.

Now, if you have a Caliber R/T or SRT-4, the Eibach part # is different.

I will look into the Mopar springs to see if they are for the Base Caliber, SRT-4, or R/T Model. I think it will make a difference. If they have separate part #'s for all 3 models of the Caliber, I would get the ones for the base model.
2007 Honda Civic Coupe
Unread 01-06-2008, 05:31 AM   #20
Jeepster55

regardless of what you start with, you're only lowering your vehicles overall ground clearance by the amount of 'drop' of the springs. for instance, you can't take a set of lowering springs with a 1.4" drop and make a vehicle drop 2.4"!

without additional modifications, IT'S A PHYSICAL IMPOSSIBILITY!
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2008, 12:50 PM   #21
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

The proline kit lowers it a bit more. Have you all checked that?
Unread 01-07-2008, 07:37 PM   #22
kenarcia
2007 MK Compass 

Lowering kit / springs for Caliber / Compass

STORM, can you post a link? Where do you find the ProLine lowering info? Thanks, Ken (07 Compass owner)
Unread 01-07-2008, 08:11 PM   #23
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

http://www.automotiveconcepts.net/st...313277194.html
2 in front, 1.8 in back, I assume this is what I need as my caliber is an R/T BUT is not AWD. You AWD/4x4 guys might be stuck with the other.
Unread 01-08-2008, 12:32 AM   #24
madrabbitt

it was my understanding that one of the euro crd rallye compass concepts used the mopar caliber drop kit to lower the suspension a tad...
it was a awd unit, and it kicked some serious butt in some road rallys out there.

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
madrabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2008, 02:38 PM   #25
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrabbitt
it was my understanding that one of the euro crd rallye compass concepts used the mopar caliber drop kit to lower the suspension a tad...
it was a awd unit, and it kicked some serious butt in some road rallys out there.
That would be sweet! An AWD wagon TDI based turbo diesel?! Where do I sign up??? VW still hasn't caught onto that idea either, a they've never offered an AWD TDI in the US.
Unread 04-24-2008, 05:06 PM   #26
patrick3319
2008 MK Compass 

lowering springs

well I was looking around...out of curiosity and possibly actually going along with it, at lowering my compass. I called around a few places to find out that the lowering springs are actually for a caliber, but the website www.tirerack.com lists them as also a compass spring. Does anyone know if they caliber and compass springs are interchangable? or would they be totally different and this is just an "assumed" fit by the website?
patrick3319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2008, 05:34 PM   #27
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

They are different factory part numbers but that could be due to different spring rates. But that's also true of Sport, Limited, 2WD, 4WD and Export. Would they work? Probably. The best way to check would find out from the dealer the uninstalled height of a Caliber and a Compass spring.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2008, 09:04 PM   #28
patrick3319
2008 MK Compass 

but to check the height of an uncompressed spring, it would still be a different height, due to the height they both sit? no? so that wouldn't really help...I guess best way to check is to put them on...worse comes to worse, I sell them to a caliber owner I guess!
patrick3319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2008, 04:34 AM   #29
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I was thinking that it would be a different spring rate that would change the height. They would still have to fit in the same strut assembly so unassembled they would need to be the same. No?

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2008, 05:42 AM   #30
Laloggia
2010 JK Wrangler 

I have eibachs on my Compass. Lowers 1.3 in the front and 1.2 in rear. Fit is for both for Compass and Caliber. Before and after pictures in my gallery. Its very subtle and does not slam the Jeep, but just enough to get rid of the wheel gap.
2007 Honda Civic Coupe

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.