Loud noise after tire rotation - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Loud noise after tire rotation

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 08-08-2014, 09:49 PM   #1
dragon672
2014 MK Compass 

Loud noise after tire rotation

I had my tires rotated on 7/23 or there abouts. I went on a long trip Tuesday and noticed a louder than normal road sounds. I never noticed the noise before 8/5. I've checked my tire pressure on EVIC which is wrong. I'll check again in the morning when the tires are cold; I don't have a pump so I'll have to drive 3 miles to inflate the tires. It's louder when I go faster; but I can still hear the transmission shifting properly.

I have a Limited 2014 Compass with 11,550. Tires were rotated at 10,000 along with 2nd oil change. No warning lights or anything. Any suggestions?

dragon672 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2014, 11:17 AM   #2
Tyler-98-W68
2012 MK Compass 

If any of your tires were cupped, and you rotated them to the back that may cause an issue. I have noticed that on these vehicles if there is any issues with tires, the ones on the back tend to make more noise inside the vehicle than the fronts. It could also justbe that as the tires where the do get louder, however in your case, that shouldn't happen since you only have 11000 miles on your compass.
Tyler-98-W68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.