this is a bit hard to explain so please bear with me.
three times now my 07 patriot 4x4, 2.4L, CVT has done this. twice with me, once on the wife. basically what happens is from a dead stop, I give it gas but I get no almost power for almost 5 seconds but it does give more power than with the gas full off - its enough so you think all is well and continue to pull onto the road.. then it decides to take 95% of your power away. it does not respond to the gas pedal position at all (except give a bit less power when fully off the gas). I have let off and gotten back on the gas several times when this happens and its like youre not doing anything at all, it just putts along ignoring the gas peddle position (execpt for full off the gas, it does has less power then). it limits me to about 10 mph no matter what I do..it acts very much like "Throttle Reduction" has come on, but the red throttle reduction light does not light (and I know it works, I used to get it to come on all the time playing in snow). actually no dash indicators for ESP or anything light up and I have plenty of time when this happens to look at the dash for problem lights.
this has been on dry tar, and only has happened when turning left from a dead stop. pretty dangerous as it can happen when pulling out onto a busy street (although that hasnt happened yet thank God).
symptoms as far as I can tell:
1. can happen when cold or warm - twice its been within 90 seconds of starting (cold) when pulling out of my driveway but the 3rd time was after had been driven for several minutes (and was warm already).
2. happens (so far) only after turning left.
3. happens on dry tar
4. no indicator lights saying throttle reduction or ESP have been activated
5. ESP has always been full on
6. happens in both L and D
7. when the power does come back (always takes about 5 seconds and happens whether Ive held the gas to the floor or have been repeatedly stomping it) its fine. takes right off like nothing happened
anyone ever experienced this?
btw 1st problem with the patriot. but this ones a bit more than annoying, it could be dangerous.