Loss of acceleration upon take off at intersection - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Loss of acceleration upon take off at intersection

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 02-07-2013, 02:42 PM   #1
Shemight

Loss of acceleration upon take off at intersection

Hey All...This afternoon I stopped my 2012 Patriot at a light to turn left. I stepped on gas petal to accelerate forward and no acceleration. Twice no acceleration. On the third attempt the Patriot accelerated forward. The service department said to turn off engine and restart the vehicle to get the electrical system in sync. Anyone else experience this?This could potentially be dangerous if immediate acceleration is needed.

Shemight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #2
pitrcer3
2011 MK Patriot 

I have had this same issue with my 2011 4-5 times over the last 1.5 years with my vehicle since purchased new in August 2011. I got it into the dealer and of course nothing was ever wrong. They flashed the PCM and TCM and said it would be good to go, but it has happened twice since then. I have had to simply pull off the road, put vehicle into park and then put it back into drive. Usually, after that I have no issues and drives normally.
pitrcer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 05:46 PM   #3
pitrcer3
2011 MK Patriot 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/2...-gear-1376798/
Unread 02-07-2013, 11:00 PM   #4
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Sounds like my Volvo.
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #5
pitrcer3
2011 MK Patriot 

Yea its kind of a pain in the butt and I have it happen in same busy sections of road and luckily avoided getting rear ended. I havent had it happen in a little while, but each time it did happen it was in the summer time and was generally pretty warm here in PA 70-80 degrees outside. Maybe just and odd coincidence?
Unread 02-08-2013, 03:35 PM   #6
Shemight

Thanks MK Patriot for the information and link back to your thread. The weather conditions were dry & wet pavement from melting snow. I tried to reproduce the incident by putting the Patriot in neutral and pressing down on the accelerator petal. I noticed specific differences. When the incident occurred there was NO counter pressure on the petal, the petal went to the floor twice with no pressure like no brakes if thats ever happened to you. There was no acceleration/revving of the engine, nothing. When I tried to reproduce the incident in neutral, I felt counter pressure/tension in the petal and the engine accelerated/revved. During the incident I had nothing - I would like to know if other had this occur. Any other forums to post on? Thanks!
Unread 02-09-2013, 01:15 PM   #7
pitrcer3
2011 MK Patriot 

Yea try ***********.com as well if you want.
Unread 02-10-2013, 06:54 PM   #8
Shemight

Interesting safety reports with engine stall problems.

Last edited by Shemight; 02-10-2013 at 07:52 PM..

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.