Loose steering wheel. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Loose steering wheel.

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 07-19-2013, 09:28 PM   #1
ezzymo1024

Loose steering wheel.

Okay. This one is odd. It just started happening. So it's not that there is play in the steering feel. But I can grab a hold of my steering wheel and rock it back and forth, side to side maybe a quarter inch or less. It feels like the physical mounting point of the steering wheel to the column has loosened. Maybe the mounting bolts? Any ideas?

ezzymo1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #2
seymourless

bump for an answer on this. Search has been tough, since i get the results from every death wobble post ever haha
seymourless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2013, 07:25 AM   #3
Canada12

You can take the hornpad/airbag off. Check first for two 10mm bolts on backside of the steering wheel under cosmetic covers. If you are able to remove hornpad, DISCONNECT BATTERY FIRST. I think there is a 13mm bolt securing steering wheel to steering shaft.
Canada12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.