Looking for advice - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Looking for advice

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaBilstein Blowout Sale - 4 5100 Series Shocks $309.99 shippSALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-Lo

Unread 02-15-2014, 08:29 PM   #1
samjeep2014

Looking for advice

Bonjour! Greetings from Montreal, Canada.

I've always wanted to own a Jeep and now am seriously looking into purchasing a 2010-2011 Jeep Patriot. Was wondering if you can assist me with a few tricks/tips on what to look for when buying a used Jeep.

Of course I am getting it inspected from my mechanic, but wanted to know from real Jeep owners what are some of the issues you've had with this model?

Thanks for your help and am looking forward to becoming a Jeep owner!

Sam

Unread 02-16-2014, 05:58 PM   #2
pobednik18
2008 MK Compass 

Pay attention to lower body parts and electric installations. Suspensions, axles, control arms, tie-rods,...+installations. But also, be aware that, even if you find a car in perfect condition, these parts tend to wear "quickly", so, count on possible expenditures once a year.
As you, in North America, have only automatic/CVT transmission options, that may also be a problem with certain mileage.
From my experience, indoor situation is much better, and there should be no problems.
Good luck with you search.
pobednik18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2014, 06:17 PM   #3
samjeep2014

Thank you so much pobednik18! I appreciate your post. I've been reading a lot (Edmunds,other forums) that the suspension is suspect in the earlier models. I am assuming that in 2010 or 2011 still the same issue?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.