Line output converter help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Line output converter help

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 11-21-2012, 06:48 PM   #1
08PatLimited
2008 MK Patriot 

Line output converter help

So I installed a line-out converter to my REC nav unit until I sell it so I can hook up my amp and sub. Followed the instructions and used a quick connect from the rear right and left speakers to l.o.c. Ran the remote from the acc. on the deck.. Amp turns on and sub works. However the sub is at full volume even when the volume is on 1. When i turn up the volume the sub doesn't get any louder. I got a metra converter that has a ground wire and even tried grounding it and still the same thing. Did I miss something?

08PatLimited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2012, 10:52 PM   #2
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Turn the amp gain way down?
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2012, 07:26 AM   #3
08PatLimited
2008 MK Patriot 

Doesn't make a difference except that the sub isn't as loud. Shouldn't the volume on the hu still control the sub volume
Unread 11-22-2012, 11:38 AM   #4
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Theres no gain like adjustment on the loc?
Unread 11-22-2012, 07:54 PM   #5
08PatLimited
2008 MK Patriot 

Yes there is. But i dont understand why it wont adjust the volume of the amp along with the actual volume like it does with an aftermarket hu. If i have the hu volume at about 20+ it's sounds awesome but from vol. 1-19 it's all bass because the amp is at full power the whole time. Is this something that always happens with L.O.C. I figured it would increase the volume of the sub the same as the speakers. Not just push the amp at 100% the whole time
Unread 11-22-2012, 11:04 PM   #6
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

No that isn't normal. If it was there would be no market for LOCs. Theres got to be a happy combination of gains between both the amp and the loc. start with them both at the bottom and work their way up. What about bass boost on amp and deck? Seems obvious but sometimes easy to overlook.
Unread 11-24-2012, 08:28 AM   #7
08PatLimited
2008 MK Patriot 

So I figured it out. You have to run the l.o.c. from the speaker not behind the head unit. everything goes to an amp somewhere and then gets split off and sent to the speakers. just can't figure out how to run the rca from the rear door to under my seat but at least my bass sounds good now at not at full volume all the time
Unread 11-24-2012, 10:57 AM   #8
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Where is the amp in the non-Boston system located? Been wondering that.
Unread 11-24-2012, 12:31 PM   #9
08PatLimited
2008 MK Patriot 

no idea. i have the ba system. if i had to guess its either by the spare tire or behind the actual radio somewhere
Unread 11-24-2012, 07:54 PM   #10
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Oh i know where the BA one is. There are two. One is under the right side of ghe back seat. Just behind it I should say. The other is in the plastic side panel by the subwoofer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.